Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Dash Display

JamesEmbling

New member, would be really grateful if somebody could help, recently bought an 58 plate style climate with an aftermarket head unit and for the life of me cannot work out how to change from miles to empty to either the clock or mpg etc, does anybody have the same model that can help? Checked the handbook but was no use! Thanks in advance

It's done by the radio, along with a few other settings. Not sure you can change them without the original stereo.

Ahhhh thought this may have been the case, strange they don't allow you to change it another way, suppose it keeps people using the genuine ford stereo and not aftermarket! Thanks for the help

Ahhhh thought this may have been the case, strange they don't allow you to change it another way, suppose it keeps people using the genuine ford stereo and not aftermarket! Thanks for the help

Not sure it's to keep people with the OEM unit, the menu uses the same head unit display, so Ford probably assumed people would have the head unit so put the controls in it to save putting in more switches and an additional display.

You'll also be unable to change the indicator flasher mode (the slight touch of the indicators being 1 blink or three), or the display dimming with the headlight (not relevelevent as you changed the display anyway) and If you have them fitted Ambient Lighting modes, Powerfold mirrors being Linked to Lock mode to my knowledge, bluetooth pairing for in car telephone link (although that too may be done by the new radio) There may be other options on a Titanium I'm not aware of,

I believe the OP has a mk 6.5 not 7 so the control for mirrors etc would not be an issue, If I recall on my mk 6.5 you could change things using the indicator stalk, alternatively the small button on the plastic.

But when I think about it I had a Zetec, does the style even have the On Board Computer?

If you are talking about the mk7 then which aftermarket headunit has it got?

Mine has an aftermarket one and it has a config section where i can set things like indicator settings and miles or KM.

There are not many aftermarket stereos for the M7 so you might have the same as me.

I'm pretty sure there's buttons by the speedo which do the same job as the indicator stalk, give them a try

Hiya sorry for the long reply, it's a mk6 fiesta, not sure if the 6.5 refers to the facelift? The 08style has the on board computer on the dash, the 2 stalks in the dash don't do anything apart from reset mileage and switch to clock, also no button on the indicator stalk to change such settings