Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Throttle Switch

daz1977

put car in today for its mot and it failed, it failed on no light in reg plate at rear, and also one of the tyres was a winter tyre and was the wrong way around

thought not to bay, then mechanic said, i had to abandon the test due to the emmisions test, basically he couldnt get it to sit at 3000 rpm, it was up and down apperantely, he said it is prob the throttle switch

any one got any ideas?

also i can only find throttle sensors, is this the same thing

cheers

Can you get it to sit at 3k revs ok?

not really, had it sitting at 3000 for about 1 min, then it dropped, and had to put more pressure on pedal

sounds like it then mate. best way to check is to get it hooked up to a scanner to see if there is any codes and live data to see what the sensor is doing. Before throwing money at parts

• Like 1

have changed the throttle sensor, still going same thing, any one got ideas, what else it could be, as garage is saying spark plugs now

May be the icv idle control valve ?

could try cleaning it, usually just replaced as they are £25 I think.

Dirty throttle body ?

I reckon John is bang on the money as always a diagnostic scan is needed before replacing parts at cost.

cheers, guys, its looking like its the idle control valve, but will have a look tomoz, dont really want to be spending money after money on the car, as was only mot it to sell it, as dont use it, plus the garages aint very good where i am,

let us know how you got on!