Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheap Genuine Heated Ford Mist Jets

JayTDCI

I got an email from them at 2 this aft from Dean doyle rather than the usual Ryan Merry saying

We arranged the refund yesterday and it should take to 2-3 days to make the transfer.

Yet when I ordered them it took a minute to remove it from my account!

To be fair, took 24hrs to show up as gone on my account. I'll give them until Monday!!

Whew you buy something online the money comes out instantly as it's allocated for payment, it doesn't mean they get the payment instantly too.

It can take 48 hours for a transaction to clear.

True :oops:

Most folk were going to just cut the wires anyway :D :D :D

typical, probs seen so many of you guys buying them, they thought they could hike the price up.

The same as when Ford realised everyone wanted a frozen white Fiesta and changed it from a standard colour into a premium choice.

The same as when Ford realised everyone wanted a frozen white Fiesta and changed it from a standard colour into a premium choice.

classic money grab.

wow!!!! i saw these the other day and i was going to order them when they were still £2.51, but then i read a few people mentioning the"pending payment" thing and i thought i will do it on the computer when i get home instead of on my phone as i was at work. long story short ended up going on there today and to my not so surprised self they where gone <_< !!!!! I still have the link for when they where £2.51 on my phone :angry: Guess i should have ordered them then!!

so the same people have put the washer jets on eBay for £11.99 a piece, here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-C-MAX-2010-Grand-C-MAX-Onwards-Heated-Front-Washer-Jet-Mist-Spray-/170785425276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27c39ac77c

Not sure if i am gonna buy some or not as i think they are a tad bit overprized but there is not doubt that within a week or two they will be up again to around £30 a piece like everywhere else!!

£12 per jet is a common price these days. As stoney was saying, the authorization occurs immediately as one bank asks another for consent to take your money. They give the merchant (i.e. Fords) an "Auth Code" and then move that money to a side pot on your account that is still in your account, but you cant see it anymore. Sometimes the company who take the payment on their behalf, need to send the final file to the bank overnight, and so take the funds actually from your account within 72 hours after they were given an auth code.

When they do a refund, they don't talk to the bank, as they do not need permission to give you money, so most the time, the request goes out overnight, and the bank will prioritize it at the bottom (after they take all the sales first) then they have to do in essence a "reverse authorisation" which means your bank has to ask for the other bank to give you the money, and this is why it can vary up to a working week!

... Unfortunately I work in the payment card industry...

Mines back in my bank now, it says the date it went in is the 26th, but i have been looking each day and it wasnt there, oh well got it so cant complain too much.

I wasnt sure whether to go for them or not, but for £8.01 delivered it was worth having a go, but for £11.99 each its too much just for flutter (yes i am a tight &#33;Removed&#33; :lol: )

Nothing heard yet, still not appeared back in my account.

I emailed them earlier, seeing as they didn't want to answer the phone...

I've been refunded today.

Won't be dealing with them again.

• Like 1

Needless to say they have not replied to the email i sent them must of hit the nail on the head they say the truth hurts had my money back this morning and i wont contemplate dealing with them again.

Got my refund today, but I never got an email telling me my order was cancelled, and it still says "processing" for my order on the Allen website. Don't think they quite know what they are doing!

Same boat - never got an email, never got a cancellation. Just a refund back to the card.

Just poor, really really poor, and even if they offered me for a quid each I wouldn't use them again. If you look at their eBay items the language used in the terms is frankly rude - seems to be par for the course with this firm.

Never again.

(Partly only posting this to subscribe to this thread for future)

I thinking of ordering a load off there eBay site then stall on payment let them think they have a nice big sale then knob them off like they did to us I can always say I thought the price was lower must of Ben a pricing error what do you think mess them about like they did us .

• Like 1

I thinking of ordering a load off there eBay site then stall on payment let them think they have a nice big sale then knob them off like they did to us I can always say I thought the price was lower must of Ben a pricing error what do you think mess them about like they did us .

:D :D :D Cracking idea mate. Worth opening an eBay account just for that!

I'm not sure about the actual jets themselves though :( folk kept saying that they use less water than normal jets. I've had mine in a day and the bottle needs filling already! :rolleyes: Mind you it might have something to do with anytime I see the mearest bit of dirt etc on the screen I can't resist the temptation to squirt them :D :D :D

I'm not sure about the actual jets themselves though :( folk kept saying that they use less water than normal jets. I've had mine in a day and the bottle needs filling already! :rolleyes: Mind you it might have something to do with anytime I see the mearest bit of dirt etc on the screen I can't resist the temptation to squirt them :D :D :D

Err...yeah...that might explain it lol

useless gets...

Just checked my order it says "processing" having checked my email I recieved this 8 days ago

"

Thank you for your order from Allen Parts

Please be aware of the Received Estimated Delivered within
date on the listing (which includes handling and shipping) but only
includes working days, not weekends or bank holidays.

This is usually 5-6 working days for economy/2ND Class items, 4-5 working days for 1st class items and 4-5 days for courier items (unless otherwise stated on the listing).

The delivery method which will be used is ECONOMY via Royal Mail"

This email DOES NOT state its only a confirmation, this email intimates that my item will be dispatched which as far as I am concerned is an equivalent psychological contract.

Just phoned them up (after over an hour of trying to call then getting cut off!) only to be told they cancelled it...

When I challenged them about the status of the order,

"oh it must have been an error" (fine I understand some errors occurred) "but I received no email, no contact via phone - nothing! so as far as I am concerned, it cant be cancelled, its still showing as agreed"

I requested a manager and told him that he has as far as his terms and conditions are concerned entered into a legally binding contract, So I told him I would wait for the item to come into stock, having been asked "it might take four weeks" my answer was "I don't care, I paid for them at this price, you agreed to them at this price, the order was confirmed accepted via the phone, therefore if I have to wait four weeks for these to be delivered and honored at that price, then I expect them to be delivered"

(still no sign of a refund)...

they go quiet... "Oh, it appears we have refunded you" (no emails or confirmation) so I argued that as far as I am concerned, with no confirmation of this, then the order is still valid.

he queries "have you received an email stating that the item was Shipped then they have not entered into any legally binding contract". (two emails ping into the inbox Refund + Order Cancelled) "Oh, well we have issued you a refund now, your going to have to go through the website and order them at the new price"

So because I had an email stating that the order was to be "Received Estimated Delivered"was 4 - 5 days, but because I didnt have an email stating the word "Shipped", apparently that means there is no legal contract.

Avoid these cowboys! They were backed into a corner by their own terms and conditions, cancelled the order and refunded it so that no apparent contract existed. I don't think you can trust these people, and I would strongly recommend you don't bother with them.

So rather than honoring a contract they entered, they would rather argue, and get rid of your custom like a hot potato, and instead of taking it on the chin to keep a happy customer, they just get a frankly honest review by all of us who have been stung. So I ask you this... who of you now will NOT use them for their business, given your accounts with them... Lets see just how much business they lost, by playing games...

I will start this... I wont EVER use them. I don't care if they are going to sell me a brand new car for £1 - no strings attached. Unless I have a written contract signed sealed and delivered by them, they wont be getting a damn penny of my business.

Nice one confronting them James.

According to their own terms and conditions:

Allen Parts is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of
obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our
website.

ok they have got the price wrong so they are entitled with their term to withdraw it, BUT, the rest of that paragraph says

If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised
price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as
possible by e-mail. This will be to inform you of the correct price of
the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the
amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.

How many people got an email as soon as possible saying the price was wrong and did they wish to to continue the order at the amended price?

and how many just got a refund without any explination whatsoever :angry:

when i got an email from netbanx saying i was being refunded, i sent allenparts and email asking why and i got this

There was a price mistake, ford have increased the price of these. So we had to cancel the order.

This just confirms they werent prepared to send me an email asking if i wished to continue at the higher price and therefore breaching their own contract.

+1 on not buying from them in the future

+2 even tried on eBay to get discount if I was to buy in bulk (just trying it on) they come back with we give you discount on postage obiviously there not very good at trying to sell the customer something replied back not good enough your loss they don't seem to care in this present climate as well you'd of thought they would bend over backwards for sales oh well like I said there loss idiots.