Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Smax 2007 - Replacing Standard Radio (6006Cdc) With Sony Cd Dab

KevW

I have purchased this second hand Sony CD DAB unit (model: CD3XX - CDI - ISLAND - KW2000, Unit Type: SOCD1x) - see attached image. I would like to replace the standard 6006CDC unit which is in the car - see other attachment.

I haven't removed the old one yet (waiting on the removal tools), but on first glance the replacement unit doesn't look as if it will fit seemlessly - the old unit is rectangular whilst the new one looks like it would fit into a different curved shape.

Should this new unit fit into my 2007 SMAX?

Do I need some kind of fascia to fit the the replacement unit?

Hope someone can help?

Many thanks!

post-42962-0-96512700-1366749000_thumb.j

post-42962-0-58307600-1366749003_thumb.j

I have done a guide on how to fit that type of radio into a MK2 Focus-

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/56-guide-to-swapping-a-focus-mk2-radio-for-a-mk25-radio/

You'll need a fascia like this one-

$(KGrHqN,!rUFDfWli9PnBRInfORQQw~~60_12.J

There is one available on eBay right now but is part of a set and has slight damage or you could approach Ford directly with your wallet open.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-s-ax-galaxy-mk3-fascia-surround-window-control-black-nr-/111057865924?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19db908cc4

Other than that i believe the radio upgrade brackets in my guide should be the same but again it's best checking with Ford just in case they're a different design.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your reply. That clears up completely what I need and the guide will be most useful.

Glad to be of help.

Good luck with the project and don't forget to post up the results.