Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Tdci Wrong Injector Or Ripped Off???

martinstone

hello, i have a mondeo tdci 130 zetec-s, cut out problem found fuel pump, replaced pump and injectors all lines and tank sorted etc, so car wouldnt start which i knew it wouldnt so my friend came with his snap on system to programme injectors,,, now it has connected before but this time it wont read the ecu or even reconize its connected to the car??? so i checked the injectors i had fitted and found them to be code 301z now i need 501z so my question is would the wrong injectors cause the ecu to not be read? i know i need to change injectors which are on the way, but why will the code reader not connect to the car? can someone shine any light on this matter? code reader works on all other cars so not faulty and has programmed the injectors previously? all help is appreciated many thanks

could be a number of reasons, most likely fuse or wiring problem on car.

you can buy data link connector testers that will give an instant assesment of your 16 pin connectors wiring...will flash up an led if something isnt right....or alternatively you need to manually check the connector with a volt meter.

problem was a blown fuse thankyou wase16ll now problem is the replacement injectors supplied are 301z mine were 501z am i correct in thinking these will not work in my engine due to nozzles been too long?

• 3 weeks later...

301z are for the focus and the 501z are for the mondeo...... `301z have longer noozles to the 501z