#1 bethxr2

bethxr2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: bethan
  • Ford Model: xr2 and xr2i
  • Year: 1991

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

i have a xr2i which is suffering from extreme jerking, its fine going fast but doesn't like going slow. on a little bit of throttle or deceleration it is terrible. changed plugs and leads, coil pack, air temp sensor coolant temp sensor. cleaned all breather pipes and idle control valve. its had a recent service. thinking maybe tps sensor or injectors? or maybe a fuelling problem. any help or ideas would be great thanks. don't know where to go next and can't just keep buying parts and hoping. thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 wase16ll

wase16ll

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: granada
  • Year: 1992

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

give all earth connections in engine bay a good clean up/check, not just battery earths but all the connections.
check wiring leading to coil pack, any bad connections there will cause this problem
crank sensor/wiring might be breaking down.

does this appear as an electrical/fuel type misfire..ie not a regular miss, or appear only running on 3 for eg, till you get the revs up

if the latter, do a compression check

#3 bethxr2

bethxr2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: bethan
  • Ford Model: xr2 and xr2i
  • Year: 1991

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

thanks for the reply, crank sensor has been changed aswell, i have done so much i forget. its defiantly not a regular miss and seems to me to be a fuelling problem. it drives lovely when you put your foot down just impossible to drive slow. will check all earth wires today now. doesn't feel like a cylinder is down, its just really frustrating trying to drive it in traffic. it just wants to be foot flat everywhere.

#4 wase16ll

wase16ll

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: granada
  • Year: 1992

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

check the fuel pump relay and wiring too then.

any possibility of checking fuel pressure?

#5 JasonEdwards

JasonEdwards

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: S-Max Titanium X-Sport
  • Year: 2011

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Think you are on the right lines of the throttle position sensor. Don't think they were the most reliable and gave all sorts of driving problems. Think ford brought out modified gold plated terminals in the multiplug which would be cut off and re soldered on

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users