Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK 6 1.25 LX, A/C not working

richcy™

Hi

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.25 LX, MK6 - about a month or so I took it in for it's APK (MOT equivalent). It sailed through without any issues. It was quite warm here yesterday, so I decided to try the air conditioning - but nothing happens. The little light doesn't appear on the A/C button, and the air doesn't get colder. The air re-circulate button doesn't work either. I wondered if a fuse had blown, stopping the a/c from working, whether something was disconnected during the APK, or something else? Is there any quick and easy things I could look at/try before I take it to a dealership? For example how would I know if it had leaked gas? Would that cause this sort of problem?

All suggestions welcome, thank you in advance

Rich :)

the way to trace leaks is to get the system filled with nitrogen/dye mix which would show any leaks, but first get the system pressure tested to see if it has dropped it might just want a regas.

If the air con light and the recirculate light doesn't come on I would say you've got a blown fuse. 99% sure it's the same fuse for both

Thanks for the replies :)

If the air con light and the recirculate light doesn't come on I would say you've got a blown fuse. 99% sure it's the same fuse for both

This seems like the quickest and easiest thing to test first. Just got to figure out which fuse it is now :)

the way to trace leaks is to get the system filled with nitrogen/dye mix which would show any leaks, but first get the system pressure tested to see if it has dropped it might just want a regas.

If the fuse suggestion above doesn't work, then I guess I'll take it to Ford and ask them to check the pressure :)

Thanks again for the replies :)

I have had a look at the AC fuse, which looks fine - I replaced it anyway just to make sure. Still, the air conditioning and re-circulate buttons (and lights) do not work.

I did a diagnostics test on the car, process below - but, it comes up "AC -0". I cannot remember what this was before. Do you have AC on your car? If so, does yours come up with AC -0 also?

DIAGNOSTIC TESTS

Hold down the trip meter button for three seconds, whilst the button is still pressed down, insert the key and move it to the second position, and then it should read ''TEST'' on the display. Release the trip metre button, and press it to advance to the next information.

I have had a look at the AC fuse, which looks fine - I replaced it anyway just to make sure. Still, the air conditioning and re-circulate buttons (and lights) do not work.

I did a diagnostics test on the car, process below - but, it comes up "AC -0". I cannot remember what this was before. Do you have AC on your car? If so, does yours come up with AC -0 also?

DIAGNOSTIC TESTS

Hold down the trip meter button for three seconds, whilst the button is still pressed down, insert the key and move it to the second position, and then it should read ''TEST'' on the display. Release the trip metre button, and press it to advance to the next information.

I have a 1.4 LX Mk6 with AirCon. I'll have a look what it says when i do the Diagnostic Test on the way to college tomorrow for you. I would do it now but i can't be fussed messing around in the dark looking at the little screen it's on.

I'll keep you posted =)

Hi

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.25 LX, MK6 - about a month or so I took it in for it's APK (MOT equivalent). It sailed through without any issues. It was quite warm here yesterday, so I decided to try the air conditioning - but nothing happens. The little light doesn't appear on the A/C button, and the air doesn't get colder. The air re-circulate button doesn't work either. I wondered if a fuse had blown, stopping the a/c from working, whether something was disconnected during the APK, or something else? Is there any quick and easy things I could look at/try before I take it to a dealership? For example how would I know if it had leaked gas? Would that cause this sort of problem?

All suggestions welcome, thank you in advance

Rich :)

I had a company astra some years back and that went in for a service,the next day i was driving to heathrow and it was hot, and guess what, the A/C didnt work,took it to a VX dealer and he said the muppet who did the service knocked the cable of the A/C compressor under the bonnet, this nice guy came out and fiddled around with the cable and in 5 mins I had COLD air again...........just a thought, as i have no idea where this stuff is under the bonnet, just letting you know what was told to me I guess it must be true as he didn't do anything else in the car just pushed back this dangling wire.....maybe ..just maybe might be the same for you

best of luck

Kristal

Thanks for the replies :)

I did what it said to do the test and it didn't work =/

Which MK6 have you got? I have the original, pre-face lift version. Thanks for checking anyway :)

I had a company astra some years back and that went in for a service,the next day i was driving to heathrow and it was hot, and guess what, the A/C didnt work,took it to a VX dealer and he said the muppet who did the service knocked the cable of the A/C compressor under the bonnet, this nice guy came out and fiddled around with the cable and in 5 mins I had COLD air again...........just a thought, as i have no idea where this stuff is under the bonnet, just letting you know what was told to me I guess it must be true as he didn't do anything else in the car just pushed back this dangling wire.....maybe ..just maybe might be the same for you

best of luck

Kristal

Thanks for this suggestion, I guess with the APK this may have happened depending on what they check. I'll ring Ford today and try and make an appointment to get the car looked at :)

Cheers

Rich

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club