thecarpman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 zetec auto
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

just fitted my new dvd sat nav unit in 20mins just connected the block connections together screwed the gps in and plugged the aerial in and screwed unit back in then started to set up the system got the bluetooth and my iphone5 paired set the radio stations BUT FOR 30MINS TRIED TO USE THE SAT NAV AND NOTHING i dont have any patients anyway so gave up trying as the sun was beating down on the car thats when i noticed no lights on the buttons were on (sure someone else had that problem in another thread) i give up and probly have to pay someone to reinstall it as i have no experience in these things :( :( :( :(

Attached Thumbnails

• newunit.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

can you load up the sat nav software? i got a chinese clone and had to manually set the baud on the antenna (iirc 9800) before it would pick me up.

do all the other lights such as heater dials come on? - they are fed on same circuit...mind you it maybe worth waiting until night time...might be a case of the leds being dim

#3 thecarpman

thecarpman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

im gonna have another look after 8pm it has a card in the slot but the screen just says no signal, was really looking forward to getting this unit but at the moment im gutted hope its not £260 down the drain and hope its just something stupid i havnt noticed my bro in law is good at these things but lives 80miles away so have to wait till sunday to go see him

#4 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

ahhh yeah it will be the baud rate mate. Is it the satnav software IGO? If so i will remind myself tonight when i go home, on how to do this. Dead easy.

#5 greggp

greggp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2008 1.8 petrol Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Are you saying the unit buttons don't light up when your headlamps are on? I'm assuming they should light red?

#6 thecarpman

thecarpman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

just drove home in the dark and i didnt even look to see if the lights were on i was to busy talking to the wife explaining why the units worth the £260 i bought it for and why i didnt give her the money instead, silly cow aint got a clue the car comes 1st

#7 k13r4n

k13r4n

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 708 posts
  • Name: kieran
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Metal
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

just drove home in the dark and i didnt even look to see if the lights were on i was to busy talking to the wife explaining why the units worth the £260 i bought it for and why i didnt give her the money instead, silly cow aint got a clue the car comes 1st

Good to see somebody had their prioritys correct

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users