Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Dvd Sat Nav Unit

thecarpman

just fitted my new dvd sat nav unit in 20mins just connected the block connections together screwed the gps in and plugged the aerial in and screwed unit back in then started to set up the system got the bluetooth and my iphone5 paired set the radio stations BUT FOR 30MINS TRIED TO USE THE SAT NAV AND NOTHING i dont have any patients anyway so gave up trying as the sun was beating down on the car thats when i noticed no lights on the buttons were on (sure someone else had that problem in another thread) i give up and probly have to pay someone to reinstall it as i have no experience in these things :( :( :( :(

post-42689-0-44678100-1366814599_thumb.j

can you load up the sat nav software? i got a chinese clone and had to manually set the baud on the antenna (iirc 9800) before it would pick me up.

do all the other lights such as heater dials come on? - they are fed on same circuit...mind you it maybe worth waiting until night time...might be a case of the leds being dim

im gonna have another look after 8pm it has a card in the slot but the screen just says no signal, was really looking forward to getting this unit but at the moment im gutted hope its not £260 down the drain and hope its just something stupid i havnt noticed my bro in law is good at these things but lives 80miles away so have to wait till sunday to go see him

ahhh yeah it will be the baud rate mate. Is it the satnav software IGO? If so i will remind myself tonight when i go home, on how to do this. Dead easy.

Are you saying the unit buttons don't light up when your headlamps are on? I'm assuming they should light red?

just drove home in the dark and i didnt even look to see if the lights were on i was to busy talking to the wife explaining why the units worth the £260 i bought it for and why i didnt give her the money instead, silly cow aint got a clue the car comes 1st

• Like 1

just drove home in the dark and i didnt even look to see if the lights were on i was to busy talking to the wife explaining why the units worth the £260 i bought it for and why i didnt give her the money instead, silly cow aint got a clue the car comes 1st

Good to see somebody had their prioritys correct

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club