Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jonnet

Steering Lock

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone put my mind at rest, when my steering lock is on my mk6 fiesta there is give/ leeway on the steering wheel. The steering wheel is locked but no completely still.

thanks

jon

Hi Jon welcome to the club I can confirm this is normal :)

Thanks, its a mk7 fiesta not mk6

I know with it being a 2010 lol mk6(6.5) finished in 2008 :) yours is the mk 7 then the 2013 fiesta is the mk 7.5

It is still normal by the way see sometimes you wont be able to insert your key into the ignition barrel until you've moved the steering wheel a certain way

I was only worried because today after work I moved the steering wheel to put my key in the iginition and it sounded like bang noise.

Strange. Is it moving more than it was before?

I can not decide or remember if it was. it's going to peoples on Monday anyway.

Im sure mines made a banging noise before on my mk6 if its not quite fully engaged and I go to move it to put the key in the ignition. Let me know how you get on :)