1 reply to this topic

#1 Bad_Cougar

Bad_Cougar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Cougar 2.5 V6

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Please Help, 

I have a 54 plate mondeo MK3 TDCI and i have a floppy clutch pedal.

I had my clutch replaced about 6000 miles ago and the clutch medal was about 1inch higher than the brake pedal, garage said nothing was wrong as it was self levelling, but then it dropped down to normal level after about 4000 miles but found the white piston that holds the return spring into place had snapped and a temp repair was done, this has now snapped and i bought a replacement pedal assembly off ebay but is missing this spring, Ford says this part only comes as part of the whole assembly for £189 which i find hard to believe.

Can anyone else shed some light on this for me please.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stooge75

stooge75

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo tdci zetec

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

]what piston? the master cylinder?? think it is this,you mean. goto GSF or motor factors. & buy one for about (cant remember now)£80 quid. piece o !Removed! to fit. 3 nuts,1 clip(inside),(outside on bulkhead-2clips,bung pipes,pedal comes out with master cylinder,change it,put back.

oh just remembered,I have a spare thats like brand new I can sell you.(no leaks etc,all seals are great)

is this the part you need?

http://s1032.photobu...082d4e.mp4.html

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users