Farr's Cars

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Stephen
  • Ford Model: Mk1 Mondeo 4x4 Si
  • Year: 1996

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi I recently bought a Mondeo 4x4 as i know these cars are very rare but now I seem to be stuggling to find parts for it like front springs and shocks. Does anybody know of any other springs and shocks that will fit it?

I quite like the car and I am even considering selling my pride and Joy my e36 convertible to keep this car and restore it due to its rarity. 

I would also Like to get a mk1 rs kit for it as being the hatchback model it is very plain.  

Any body else here got a 4x4 or some parts they wish to part with?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Farr's Cars

Farr's Cars

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Stephen
  • Ford Model: Mk1 Mondeo 4x4 Si
  • Year: 1996

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well this question was answered for me as it did not sell.

So I will be keeping the Mondeo 4x4 and building a Zetec turbo with it. 

Any build threads on here that you would recommend? 

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,439 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

There are a few different build threads in the new projects / builds section, not seen too much of a detailed nature as you are looking to get to though.

As for the parts, surely normaly mondeo parts for the most part (springs etc) should work perfectly fine?

#4 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I thought the same thing  the front springs are probably the same as the fwd mk1 Mondeo

Identical parts may have different part no.s  to disguise thier origin - the 4x4 Jaguar x-type may use some of the same parts as well-  there is a member (moderator?)  of another forum that ran a 4x4 16v  mk1 for years, perhaps he can help you with advice/ where to get parts  (i hate reffering to other forums sites) - its called talkfraud (or something tike that :lol: ) 

There is someone who has transplanted a 5-pot 2.5 Turbo ST225/ RS/ Volvo engine into a mk 1/2 Mondeo 225Hp out of the box, 280+ just with a remap and potentially 350+Hp with a bit more work - this may be a more cost- effective way to get more power in the long run (depending what your goals are)

Again hate mentioning other sites but there is one called passionfraud (or something similar :lol: )  that has a lot of build threads / engine swaps etc and a lot of members with highly modified cars etc  

You could start a build thread on here (there is a new "build thread" section) perfect for you, it won't get lost amongst all the 400+ Hp Cosworths and you won't get the jealousy/ "bitching" that seems to go on on other Car sites/ forums  (this is a "nice" site - with genuine Ford/ car/ modification enthusiasts :) )

+ you would enhance / boost the build thread & site with your rare/ intresting build  

Im glad you decided to keep your 4x4, good luck with the build, looking forward to reading about it/ seeing how you get on!   

here is mine -

http://www.fordowner...2441-my-mondeo/

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users