8 replies to this topic

#1 Fiesta_J

Fiesta_J

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if USB is an option once you have the car, or is it a case of "If you don't order it when you buy, you can't have it" :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if USB is an option once you have the car, or is it a case of "If you don't order it when you guy, you can't have it" :(

I wouldn't say retrofit is impossible, but difficult and it would probably cost an arm and a leg. Don't think it's a retrofit option for this very reason, so, if you didn't order it when you ordered the car, then you are probably struggling.

#3 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

I wouldn't say retrofit is impossible, but difficult and it would probably cost an arm and a leg. Don't think it's a retrofit option for this very reason, so, if you didn't order it when you ordered the car, then you are probably struggling.

+1 unless you know a decent sparky :) with a great knowledge for fiesta USB wiring

#4 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

If youre getting a titanium and ordered the tech pack it will be in with that ( :ph34r: Techno-Packet)

Oh and also the AUX connector is standard on every model except the studio (Has anybody actually bought a studio fiesta?) you can always plug in through that but you have to use the controls on your mp3 not the car

#5 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

id only order it with the tech pack when u get a titanium...

#6 smurfs

smurfs

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium Hot Magenta

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

There is an outside chance that the ford audio unit is "fitted for" but not with the usb option, like a pc mother Bd has various options, all it needs is for some intrepid person to take off a panel and have a look, it could just be a case of adding a usb cable. But I could be totally wrong! <_<

#7 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

There is an outside chance that the ford audio unit is "fitted for" but not with the usb option, like a pc mother Bd has various options, all it needs is for some intrepid person to take off a panel and have a look, it could just be a case of adding a usb cable. But I could be totally wrong! <_<

Unfortunately, OEM kit never tends to be that easy for a reason. if there's a way of using a non standard connection, you can bet your bottom dollar that the manufacturers will find one.

#8 sussex

sussex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:36 AM

my local dealer told me a retro fit wasnt possible

#9 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

my local dealer told me a retro fit wasnt possible

Anything like that is possible, it's just a matter of finding someone who will and can do it and the money. To be honest, dealers won't want to do it or have the inclination either, so they just say it can't be done. All they are interested in is selling and servicing, that's where the money is.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users