Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2005 Mk6 Cam Belt

telecasterak

Fiesta 2005 mk6 54000 miles. is it time to change the cam belt?

You might actually find its a chain and might not need replacing. That was my first thought whem I bought mine at 49k miles but when I took it to my local Ford dealer for a once over/servoce and asked him about changing it he told me it was a chain not a belt and that it wouldnt need replacing unless it ever developed a fault which he assured me was rare

Thanks Dan,

Will my local ford dealer be able to tell me if it has a cam belt or a chain and if so what info do they need to determine this?

Yes they should be able to tell you just using your reg number

This is disturbing form another forum:-

All Mk6 Fiesta's use a camshaft timing "belt" ... EXCEPT ... the Fiesta ST which uses a timing "chain".

Well mines a mk6 Fiesta 1.3 LX and it is definately a chain :) ive been told by more than one garage :)

Have just ordered a Haynes Manual for Fiesta 2002 -2008 so that should tell me if its a belt or a chain.

Good news is that 100k is Ford recomended for change of belt.

As i only do 2000 miles a year , i think i will leave it for a while.

btw it runs ok now i have taken the tyre pressure down to 29 lbs/sq for a load of under three people. The tyres were pressured up to 37 lbs/sq which is for a load of three people or more and it ran like a bag of nails.

Thanks Dan, i will check it out with the Ford dealers tomorrow just to double check.

cheers

m8

Sorry I forgot to mention the Ford recommendation if it is a belt lol. Id take it to your local Ford dealer and just ask them n they should be able to tell you

I'd be surprised if any of the petrol engines use a chain, but then maybe they did on some engines?

Did they make a 1.3 mk6? As far as I know it was only a 1.25, 1.4 or 1.6 petrol? All of these I believe are belt too

Mines a 1.3 mate

Ah wait a sec yours is a pre facelift? They must have used the old 1.3 in them to start with. The later 1.25, 1.4, and 1.6 engines are all belt I believe.

To answer the above, you can tell if its. Belt or chain by looking at the cam belt casing.

Yeah mines prefacelift :)