The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Pree is totally right your ride will have alots of interest here buddy! any info on the details of fitting rear disc brakes.

Parts and retailers

Cost and work involved?

What are the calipers/carriers taken from and what pads and disc are used? when it comes to service...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

For the rear disc conversion I used original parts only. In some countries (Germany for example) all engine and body types came with disc brakes as standard. retrofitting the rear disc brakes is basically a pretty easy job. Except for the brake calipers I bought new parts to do the retrofit. I paid about €300,- for all needed parts and it took 6 hours to fit all parts.

Recently I made an English guide about retrofitting the rear disc brakes. I will post the link to my guide tommorow on this page also. In the past I made a lot of guides about all the retrofits I did but they are all written in Dutch. When I have the time I will try to translate these guides to English also.

#18 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
Contributor

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Thats great much appreciated. I wasn't aware that some countries had disc brakes as standard. I look forward to this guide and the info on parts and details on fitting. 6 hours sound like a long time but it's a job i want done

#19 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

My English guide about retrofitting the rear disc brakes can be downloaded from the following link:

http://rapidshare.co...D555C19D14A5342

#20 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thank you very much for the detailed guide i will be doing this to my focus in the future. seems i will need some help when i do know i'm not that experience on rear disc brakes

#21 mrsimpson1993

mrsimpson1993

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

hi, how did you do the rear disc conversion? did you swap the whole axle and have braided lines put in etc, i dont know much about cars but im wanting to do rear disc conversion on my 1.6 derv, thanks jordan

#22 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

There is no need to change the rear axle when converting the rear drum brakes to disc brakes. The axle and wheelhubs of drum and disc brakes are completely the same. After removing the drum brakes the disc brake parts can be bolted on the axle.

To do the disc brake conversion you will need the following parts:

1x Left brake caliper complete.

1x Right brake caliper complete.

1x Brake pad kit.

2x Brake disc. For the 1.6 Duratec you will need 260 mm discs.

2x Brake caliper bracket.

2x Brake lines (hoses) for disc brakes.

1x Parking brake cable kit.

2x Guiding pin kit. This kits contains guiding pins and rubbers.

2x protection plate.

#23 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

The last few months I made a few modifications.

I retrofitted the OEM PTC heater system. Unfortunately this system was not available for the Dutch market so there were not any used parts at the local scrap yards. After a few evenings bidding on Ebay I acquired the parts for a very low price. My car had some of the wiring already fitted so I only needed to install the wiring between the battery junction box and the PTC heater element.

After installing all needed parts and wiring I activated the system using an ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software.

The system works very well. The car warms up much quicker than before. When the system is active warm air comes out of the airvents almost immediately.

I fitted a set of black custom heater knobs a few years ago but after fitting the 6CD Sony DAB radio the knobs did not match the radio knob anymore. I decided to remove the black custom knobs and ordered a set of silver custom heater knobs. after fitting these knobs I decided to make a custom knob for the light switch. Now all knobs are the same color and design.

DSC01171_zps29aa178f.jpg

DSC01172_zps6d0d9845.jpg

DSC01174_zpsaca7c293.jpg

2 weeks ago I retrofitted the Original heated seat system. I removed the seats from the car and installed the heated seat elements to the seats. Originally my seats had allready heated seat elements but the wires were cut off at the factory and the modules were missing. I suppose that during production they were out of seats without heating and installed heated seats with the wiring cut off.

The heated seat wiring was not present on my car so I had to make the wiring myself using the Original connectors. After I fitted all needed parts and connected the wiring in my car the heated seats work great. It took me a lot of time to fit all parts and make the wiring looms but it was worth the effort.

#24 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,547 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

That headlight dial is tidy, can you make a guide on how it's done?

I'm sure some here will find it very useful.

#25 b4zz

b4zz

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

liking what you have done fella

#26 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

Very cool with the headlight switch. I lile. If you can mate do a guide on the heater please I'm very much interested in it. I have been using this feature on a Nissan navaravand its truly awesome.

Would be a worthy mod.

Your focus looks great

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#27 yunii

yunii

yunii

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Name: yunii (nickname)
  • Ford Model: FOCUS TITANIUM-S
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Loving the headlamp switch knob,any how to? Can you still use the knob to pull for fogs front & reverse lamp?
Yunii

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

#28 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

The knob of the light switch I made has exactly the same functions as the original knob.

I removed the knob of a spare light switch I had and used this as a donor for my custom light switch knob. I sanded off the top of the original knob until there was a flat surface with some holes where the original grip was before. I modified the transparant piece of the heater knob to fit tightly on top of the flat surface and secured it with 2 small bolts / nuts which are glued to the back of the heater knob. Next I filled some imperfections and 1 of the holes of the original grip with an epoxy filler/glue and sanded it down to a smooth surface. Finally I masked the transparant piece of the knob, spray painted the knob and installed the aluminium surround of the knob.

The indicator of the knob is illuminated by the LED's of the light switch through 1 of the holes which was created by sanding down the original knob.

#29 paul_focus

paul_focus

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,018 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: focus mk1 1.8 zetec
  • Year: 2003

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

Looking awesome mate keep up good work don't think any of these mod will work with my 2003 mk1

#30 SUPERKING

SUPERKING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: A
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

I love what you've done!

I have a 2007 MK2 Focus, how did you fit the indicator mirrors? Is this possible with mine and are they power folding?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users