Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Help

Wayneo01

Hey guys my 15 spoke titanium alloys have buckled, im not going to be buying the same 15 spoke again. Was wondering which ones would be the better choice because i still want ford alloys but just ones less prone to buckling. I have a 2009 titanium

Option 1 -

http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_16%22_12-spoke_Alloy_Wheel_-_2013_onwards_-_1817662_F1817662-23

Option 2 - http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_16%22_15_%C2%96spoke_Alloy_Wheel_-_2013_onwards_-_1817618_F1817618-62

The 618-62 are the Titanium alloys from 2010 onwards and I think the others are the 2013 Titanium ones.

Ford alloys from earlier years are prone to buckle due to ford supplier having bad build quality,

I mean on proper alloy strength it would be super hard to buckle a 15" rim with a cushion of 55mm tyre wall depth,

These issues with ford were most common in 2008 2009 models,

So with this in mind id choosd the 2013 titanium alloys.

had the 2 front ones go, i want to still get the ford ones just because i like the simplistic look, so going to buy all 4. Good to hear that if i buy the 2010/2013 ones they are less likely or prone then the ones i have now because i dont want to buy the same alloys and have the exact same problem.

• Like 1

Went through 7 of the prefacelift 16 inch wheels, went back with 1 slight buckle and 2 dangerous buckles on rear.

Went to the garage and as soon as u took the alloy of you could see the buckle, just thought time to put my hand in my pocket lol. Just have to decide out of the 3 which i would like the best.

The ones I linked are your option 1, was just too lazy to give the product number :P

Think i am pulling to them over the other ones. Going to keep all the other 4 of my other ones though and put them back on whenever i trade my car in for either a focus st or fiesta st.

I have the 2009 Titanium alloys and will be getting two new front tyres this week I dread to look at them when the tyres come off....

I have the 2009 Titanium alloys and will be getting two new front tyres this week I dread to look at them when the tyres come off....

I personally know 4 other people with 16 inch Titanium wheels who all have at least 1 buckle, with 1 woman with 3 buckles who is the most careful driver on the planet >_>

Also know 2 driving instructors who have buckled wheels too.

Think we can safley say that alloys on a 2009 fiesta were not very good. Just have to get everything ordered now. Might gomdirect to ford and see if i can get any deals for alloys with tyres if not immlooking at about £900 all together.

I have the ones in the first link on my new zs and I must say they are really rather good with the tyres supplied hardly feel potholes and rarely tramlines, I'd go with this option personally!

I have the ones in the first link on my new zs and I must say they are really rather good with the tyres supplied hardly feel potholes and rarely tramlines, I'd go with this option personally!

Have you got the 195-55-R16 tyres on yours?

Does this apply to ALL 2009 alloys? I have 15" Zetec wheels which apart from the odd scuff appear perfect and it tracks totally true.

Does this apply to ALL 2009 alloys? I have 15" Zetec wheels which apart from the odd scuff appear perfect and it tracks totally true.

Think it only applies to the 16inch alloys on some of the fiesta models mainly the titanium and the zetec 16inch alloys

Correction they are 195/45/16's

Cheers stephen

Been looking at a few different tyres either going to pick between the uniroyal rainsport 2 which i have on now, avon or yokohoma. There all around the same with the avon being the cheapest.

Cheers stephen

Been looking at a few different tyres either going to pick between the uniroyal rainsport 2 which i have on now, avon or yokohoma. There all around the same with the avon being the cheapest.

Avons are great quality tyres very good in rain conditions too but not as fuel efficent as michelin primacey 2

However if I had a choice id choose Avon over anything.

• Like 1

Avons are great quality tyres very good in rain conditions too but not as fuel efficent as michelin primacey 2

However if I had a choice id choose Avon over anything.

Never tried avons but thanks for the confidence in them lenny makes me feel better if i buy them now. Big price difference and the avons seems to be all around the better tyre.

Avon zv5 £76.96

Uniroyal rainsport 2 £85.90

Michellin pilot sport 3 £97.44

Prices from blackcircles

• Like 1

Never tried avons but thanks for the confidence in them lenny makes me feel better if i buy them now. Big price difference and the avons seems to be all around the better tyre.

Avon zv5 £76.96

Uniroyal rainsport 2 £85.90

Michellin pilot sport 3 £97.44

Prices from blackcircles

I think Avon Zv5 are the top of the range tyre from avon,

The do ZZ2, ZZ3 and ZV5

I've got ZZ3 fitted 215/35/18 cost me £133.93 each.

Here are more independant reviews on Avon Tyres from a thread I created prior to purchasing last month

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42087-avon-tyres-any-good-anybody-had-them/

Think it only applies to the 16inch alloys on some of the fiesta models mainly the titanium and the zetec 16inch alloys

Don't forget the 17" street pack alloys, they're made of cheese!

• Like 1

Don't forget the 17" street pack alloys, they're made of cheese!

Haha, didnt realise those fell into it aswell.

Ive decided before i go ahead with all these changes going to rotate the tyres and see if im stilling getting a vibration, if i have then either something has really fone wrong on my car or ive got 4 buckled alloys.

• Like 1