Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford St Alloys For '09 Zetec

Emzzy

Hi I'm fairly new on here , I'm driving the above car and wanted to change from the standard 16" 5 spoke

alloys to the ST alloys or something similar.

post-43072-0-27701000-1367097476.jpg current wheels

Few question would appreciate any help:

I found a set of 4 on eBay will they fit my car?

Obviously I will need new tyres what cost am I looking at just in case I get bumped?

And have found a seller but the has 4/5 same ST wheels but different year little confused.

Seller store: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=Ford+st&item=251266086361&pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&_osacat=14770&_from=R40&hash=item3a80a035d9&_ssn=t.a.alloys&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Ford+focus+st&_sacat=14770

Sorry if I am reposting many thankspost-43072-0-59482000-1367097512_thumb.j

Hi Amran and welcome to FOC.

The 18" St rims will fit your focus no problem,

The 18" st rims that you have in the image above are 2005-2008 design st rims,

They will fit your focus no problem,

But if you want to keep the focus eira correct then you should fit st 2008-2011 rims

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_2008_st_8_x_18_sports_alloy_wheel_f_1543345.htm

Both styles are 18x8 and I recommend 225/40/R18 tyres

I've got Avon ZZ3's fitted they cost around 110pounds each but fantastic grip even over legal speed limits

Excellent cornering grip too.

You car will be a bit slower on 0-60 acceleration after fitting bigger rims because it adds extra "unsprung mass" to the car but it makes up for it in terms of handling,

Hi Lenny!

Wow the Legend himself replies ! thanks for replying, ok taken all that info on board where would you recommend to get the newer alloys from if you know of such a place.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Amran and welcome to FOC.

The 18" St rims will fit your focus no problem,

The 18" st rims that you have in the image above are 2005-2008 design st rims,

They will fit your focus no problem,

But if you want to keep the focus eira correct then you should fit st 2008-2011 rims

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_2008_st_8_x_18_sports_alloy_wheel_f_1543345.htm

Both styles are 18x8 and I recommend 225/40/R18 tyres

I've got Avon ZZ3's fitted they cost around 110pounds each but fantastic grip even over legal speed limits

Excellent cornering grip too.

You car will be a bit slower on 0-60 acceleration after fitting bigger rims because it adds extra "unsprung mass" to the car but it makes up for it in terms of handling,

Lenny, surely you meant 215/45/18, not 55 ??? Profile would be way to big. Personally would opt for 225/40/18's myself.

You've just edited your post haha.

• Like 1

the ones you linked to are just replicas.

but will fit fine.

check eBay for second hand ones for facelift.

or prefacelift which ever you prefer.

some st3 with tyres here

• Like 1

Hi Lenny!

Wow the Legend himself replies ! thanks for replying, ok taken all that info on board where would you recommend to get the newer alloys from if you know of such a place.

Cheers

lol thanks I don't consider my self a legend but thanks for the title ;)

Well id recommend fordpartsuk.com for the best price on Genuine 2008-2011 ST alloys

But before buying online and paying for delivery etc.

I recommend you take note of the part number for the wheel,

Then phone your local ford dealer for a quote and compare.

Took me 4 months to purchase the full set for mine due to the overall cost of wheels and tyres but well worth the effort,

Plus you can sell your existing rims on eBay to regain some invested cash.

The ones you linked to on eBay are not genuine ford alloys they are replicas of the Mk2 ST alloys.

To date their is no replica of the 2008-2010 ST alloy design available on the market so to purchase through ford or second hand on eBay is your only option for this style of alloy.

Lenny, surely you meant 215/45/18, not 55 ??? Profile would be way to big. Personally would opt for 225/40/18's myself.

You've just edited your post haha.

Yes I ment 225/40/R18

Quickly spotted the error there I must have edited just as you quote me on it lol

Thanks for all the replies guys, didnt realise they were replicas but the price did seem unreal lol

I just added 4 rims from Lenny's link almost £700!!!!!!!Think I'm gonna have to downgrade my choice if it makes costs cheaper to something like zetec s alloys or another alternative.

My budget just on rims is around £500 not inc tyres, is that decent wedge for rims or should I eat less and save more?

• Like 1

the ones you linked to are just replicas.

but will fit fine.

check ebay for second hand ones for facelift.

or prefacelift which ever you prefer.

some st3 with tyres here

Cheers mate will have a butchers ;)

Thanks for all the replies guys, didnt realise they were replicas but the price did seem unreal lol

I just added 4 rims from Lenny's link almost £700!!!!!!!Think I'm gonna have to downgrade my choice if it makes costs cheaper to something like zetec s alloys or another alternative.

My budget just on rims is around £500 not inc tyres, is that decent wedge for rims or should I eat less and save more?

ford dropped their prices on these rims just last month,

Typiclly after I had purchased mine at 275 per rim excluding tyres.

Overall cost 375 per corner excluding nuts.

The replicas will fit your car and look as good as any other when rolling on the street,

Better to buy replicas from a seller new,

Than to think your buying genuine second hand; only to find them to be replicas or buckled,

If I was you id buy new replicas.

please note the replicas are cheap but not as strong as the originals by a long way, i have originals shown in first pic on my 2010 ,only just fitted today & look ok.

yunii

• Like 1

just get second hand genuines, save yourself some money for other mods!

i picked up prefacelift st ones for £215

Thanks for all the advice chaps , I would prefer originals rather than replicas. Probably will buy 2 rims then save up then buy next 2 .

My credit card would prefer to buy them all at once let's see if I can't resist!!!

• Like 1

please note the replicas are cheap but not as strong as the originals by a long way, i have originals shown in first pic on my 2010 ,only just fitted today & look ok.

yunii

Yunni how much did u pick up ur rims for? Are they 18"?

Emzzy

Yunni how much did u pick up ur rims for? Are they 18"?Emzzy

I bought from eBay for £420 with 2 decent tyres & 2 on limit,but lightly kerb, not usual crappy ones you see on eBay,which when funds available will be refurbed.but they're genuine,& stamped on inner rim Ronal.

But I bought em around few months ago.

Yunii

lol thanks I don't consider my self a legend but thanks for the title ;)

Well id recommend fordpartsuk.com for the best price on Genuine 2008-2011 ST alloys http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_2008_st_8_x_18_sports_alloy_wheel_f_1543345.htm

But before buying online and paying for delivery etc.

I recommend you take note of the part number for the wheel,

Then phone your local ford dealer for a quote and compare.

Took me 4 months to purchase the full set for mine due to the overall cost of wheels and tyres but well worth the effort,

Plus you can sell your existing rims on ebay to regain some invested cash.

The ones you linked to on ebay are not genuine ford alloys they are replicas of the Mk2 ST alloys.

To date their is no replica of the 2008-2010 ST alloy design available on the market so to purchase through ford or second hand on ebay is your only option for this style of alloy.

Yes I ment 225/40/R18

Quickly spotted the error there I must have edited just as you quote me on it lol

Lenny did u buy ur rims from fordpartsuk? might sounds silly but when u bought ur rims did it come with nuts and ford caps?

i bought 'genuine ST alloys' on eBay ...the only thing about them that was genuine was the price! :angry:

but i will say, the replicas seem fine. they're on and look fine, iv got mates with STs and even they havent noticed they arent real!

..making the most of a s**t situation!! haha

Lenny did u buy ur rims from fordpartsuk? might sounds silly but when u bought ur rims did it come with nuts and ford caps?

I was going to purchase from fordpartsuk.com

I printed the web page and brought it to my local dealer who then matched the price,

When you purchase an alloy from ford that is what you get mate,

Centre caps are around 5 pounds each,

And id rather the parts guy take a dump on my new rims than put ford nuts on them,

I had ford nuts and scrapped them for a good set of McGard 1 piece steel nuts no thin sleeve bull from ford nuts.

i scrapped my ford locking nuts for a set of mcgaurds

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club