Recently Converted Fordster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.0 EcoBoost
  • Year: 2012

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Has anyone had any experience with this system for this year? I'm awaiting the delivery of my nearly new (July 2012) Focus Titanium X and its fitted with the Sony DAB/Navigation System with Rear View Camera.

Basically, I was just wondering if it was any good? Sound quality, navigation accuracy, camera effectiveness etc.I have only been able to test the Ford system in a Zetec, which was pretty good, but I'm comparing it to my 307 which issue for trade in shortly...

I hear it has a speaker or sub in the centre console too?

Finally, I hear some earlier models didn't actually feature the Sony version if the software/system. If this is true, how long was it until they sorted this?

Many thanks in advance.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,368 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3.5 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

I don't have the Nav version , but i can say the sound is very good , small Sub like speaker in the center of the dash but you can't really call it a sub it's more for the sound accustic settings in the DSP , DAB is pretty good (in my area) , some times drops out though.

Usb and bluetooth music playing is pretty good and all controlable from the steering wheel. Quite a powerfull system although with Bass turned up , door speakers tend to rattle.

#3 iNVADER84

iNVADER84

Recently Converted Fordster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.0 EcoBoost
  • Year: 2012

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've struggled locating much info on the web about the system and more often than not will find things about the US touchscreen version ( IMHO, its big and touchscreen but vids show a delay in its responsiveness, so not too bothered ).

I may film a review for YouTube when I get it

Very much looking forward to getting it though, and the Bluetooth connection is going to be glorious. I messed about with an FM transmitter for my iPhone which was frankly pap (as is the 307 system itself).

Is the voice functionality useful as a headset replacement for Bluetooth calling/Siri?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users