Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2008 (58) Titanium Diesel Electrical Issues

LukeMc

Hello all,

I am after abit of help, a few days ago I went to lock the car via the central locking and it would not lock, upon further inspection I found the following had just grown a mind of its own,

Central locking not working although the indicators are still showing when key clicked.

Internal lights stay on unless manually turned off.

Parking light and engine light permanently on.

Indicators not showing up/sounding on dash-although they are still visually working thankfully.

Heated windscreen no longer working, the button no longer lights up.rear still works.

The temperature gauge no longer registers, just two blank lines which then shows the red snow flake.

So not too good, moments before the car was working like a dream as always so no idea what has prompted all these issues. I have this morning gone through the fuse box under the glove compartment inspecting every fuse, apart from my rear number plate lights wery fuse was fine. I then had a look in the fuse box in the engine, again the fuses I could look at were fine, although the small black square plug ins I am unable to say if they are ok or not as I am not sure what the indicator is.

When I press the key inside the car I can hear a sort of clicking coming from the fuse box area under the glove box but there is nothing visual to help.

Any help would be really really appreciated, to make the timing of this even worse I am test driving a new ST this afternoon and I am planning to trade my car in!!!!

Thanks everyone

Luke

start off by checking the earth points, near the battery is the best place to start...

Clean it up and see what happens, if that fails to resolve, check the others.

Thanks mate,

Had a good look at the earth cable and nothing appeared out of shape. I have spoken to a friend who suggested it may be a relay within the engine fuse box. Only way to check that out is get it hooked up and check the ECU.

can you do the trip computer trick?

I haven't heard of that before.....

I had a mate hook up his computer to the car which gave a problem code of U0140, which I believe is an ECU problem

disconnect the battery for a few hours, reconnect and reattempt to start. that might clear the U0140 temporarily.

It sounds like a communication error, which a restart should be able to help.

U0140 code is "lost communication with Body Control Module"

Usually means fuse/wire/relay fault.

Thanks guys. I have detached the battery today and hopefully when I hook it all back up this evening I have some luck.

With regard to what you said stones, I have checked every fuse and inspected the wiring as best I can, it all looks in good order. How do I go about testing the relays or finding out of they are broken?

Thanks

You can run a 12v charge through the low power legs of the relays and should hear the high voltage relay click.

Use a circuit tester set to voltage.

TBH, even if the relay clicks it doesn't necessarily mean it's working properly.

Sometimes a swap is needed to be sure.

Thanks for your help guys. Completely disconnected the fuse box and reconnected it, everything back in order, maybe it was just a loose connection.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club