Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium Mk2.5 Build Diary Has Started...

yunii

I'm a big fan of proper fire breathing rally cars but seeing rally car style mudflaps on a nice road car is a laugh :blush: Each to their own I suppose :wink:

Couldn't you get genuine mudflaps and trim carefully them to fit the shape of the body parts ?

I'm a big fan of proper fire breathing rally cars but seeing rally car style mudflaps on a nice road car is a laugh blush.png Each to their own I suppose wink.png

Couldn't you get genuine mudflaps and trim carefully them to fit the shape of the body parts ?

More than 90% like the rally flaps .the genuine dont fit well enough as they're contoured to wrap around original bumper

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lenny can you help me with my quiry?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yunii said:

IMG_20141016_200047_zpsbb1snprl.jpg

I sure can mate,

I saw your post there and plan to respond later tonight in detail as I'm currently visiting family and would take me a bit of time to compose such detailed response to best assist, so when I get a cup of tea and some alone time to think; I'll have a good response 👍

• Like 2

I sure can mate,

I saw your post there and plan to respond later tonight in detail as I'm currently visiting family and would take me a bit of time to compose such detailed response to best assist, so when I get a cup of tea and some alone time to think; I'll have a good response 👍

Thats cool.

You can email if u want.

Or write up on here.

Yunii

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yunii said:

More than 90% like the rally flaps .the genuine dont fit well enough as they're contoured to wrap around original bumper Yunii

Ignore what I think Yunii, it's just that I don't like to see big flaps on road cars.

Focus looks lovely by the way :wub:

More than 90% like the rally flaps .the genuine dont fit well enough as they're contoured to wrap around original bumper Yunii

Ignore what I think Yunii, it's just that I don't like to see big flaps on road cars.

Focus looks lovely by the way wub.png

No worries & i'm not having a dig at you either & thanks for comments

Yunii

17 hours ago, yunii said:

Just purchased 2 pairs of fusion component speakers with tweeters. I would like to know how to go abouts fitting in terms of advice. I am thinking to just swap the tweeters over by hacking stock ones & solder stock wires & modify to fit in its original housing. Same goes for speakers but have plug adapters. I know you have drill rivets out on stock speakers. My question is by routing tweeters as mentioned ( ford 8 speakers setup) best way or use crossover's which i dont have. Any advice help apreciated.

Yunii

Hi Yunii,

The stock tweeters have the crossover built inside the housings. So when you remove the stock tweeter from your focus; your also removing the crossover with it.

IMG_20150330_124645_zpsnfl4f6ew_edit_142

Your newly purchased speakers are also components; they should be supplied with crossover box's to distribute the signals from the headunit.

the 8 speaker setup consists of a component setup on each door, 

The best option in my opinion and experience is to firstly cut the stock loom from the speaker giving yourself as much length as possible in the door panel and feed it in to the new crossover box as saw below (models varey in shape however principles are universal)

IMG_20150325_075442_zpsornq6jsl.jpg

IMG_20150325_180441_zpsclob3nci_edit_147

IMG_20150327_180704_zpsd7epex1y_edit_147

Then feed new cable from the crossover box to the new tweeter fitted inside the stock grill housing and to the new speaker fitted in the aftermarket adaptors.

IMG_20150327_210227_zpswlhzdkgm.jpg

IMG_20150327_222913_zpsn5n6ly2k.jpg

Your already aware of drilling out the rivets to release the existing stock Speakers, I used M6 x 20 stainless steel bolts along with some small M6 washers and lock nuts to bolt in the aftermarket adaptors.

IMG_20150327_130555_zpskccylxwp.jpg

IMG_20150327_131630_zpspt6cq055.jpg

I then used some 3M sticky back Velcro pads to secure the crossover box's to each of the doors. The pads are rated up to 7kg and hold extremly well for all the door opening/closing, the crossovers themselves only weigh maximum 700g

IMG_20150221_100437_zpsm7iu6pco.jpg

IMG_20150221_100452_zpsrgrgz3xa.jpg

I found the factory wiring loom sufficient for sound quality, 

If you later decide to fit an amplifier at a later date; you can cut the audio cables at the rear of the headunit and extend them to the amplifiers outputs using some insulated spade connectors which then allow the system to be returned to stock setup if ever required without any problem.

IMG_20150328_142212_zps1xvvkyqh.jpg

So to summarize;

you need some 3M Velcro pads,

M6x20 stainless hex head bolts

IMG_20150213_093852_zpsjqoe76vq.jpg

M6 lock nuts & small diameter washers to broaden to grip surface inside the door panel.

IMG_20150213_093920_zpsw3ov2o30.jpg

20 pack of ford door card clips (available in eBay)

IMG_20150124_081658_zpsfn4wfps6_edit_142

Just purchased 2 pairs of fusion component speakers with tweeters. I would like to know how to go abouts fitting in terms of advice. I am thinking to just swap the tweeters over by hacking stock ones & solder stock wires & modify to fit in its original housing. Same goes for speakers but have plug adapters. I know you have drill rivets out on stock speakers. My question is by routing tweeters as mentioned ( ford 8 speakers setup) best way or use crossover's which i dont have. Any advice help apreciated.

Yunii

Hi Yunii,

The stock tweeters have the crossover built inside the housings. So when you remove the stock tweeter from your focus; your also removing the crossover with it.

IMG_20150330_124645_zpsnfl4f6ew_edit_1427716598279_zpsmwkbjaap.jpg

Your newly purchased speakers are also components; they should be supplied with crossover box's to distribute the signals from the headunit.

the 8 speaker setup consists of a component setup on each door, 

The best option in my opinion and experience is to firstly cut the stock loom from the speaker giving yourself as much length as possible in the door panel and feed it in to the new crossover box as saw below (models varey in shape however principles are universal)

IMG_20150325_075442_zpsornq6jsl.jpg

IMG_20150325_180441_zpsclob3nci_edit_1470089457369_zpsu5arcmz1.jpg

IMG_20150327_180704_zpsd7epex1y_edit_1470089710076_zpsigakwk5h.jpg

Then feed new cable from the crossover box to the new tweeter fitted inside the stock grill housing and to the new speaker fitted in the aftermarket adaptors.

IMG_20150327_210227_zpswlhzdkgm.jpg

IMG_20150327_222913_zpsn5n6ly2k.jpg

Your already aware of drilling out the rivets to release the existing stock Speakers, I used M6 x 20 stainless steel bolts along with some small M6 washers and lock nuts to bolt in the aftermarket adaptors.

IMG_20150327_130555_zpskccylxwp.jpg

IMG_20150327_131630_zpspt6cq055.jpg

I then used some 3M sticky back Velcro pads to secure the crossover box's to each of the doors. The pads are rated up to 7kg and hold extremly well for all the door opening/closing, the crossovers themselves only weigh maximum 700g

IMG_20150221_100437_zpsm7iu6pco.jpg

IMG_20150221_100452_zpsrgrgz3xa.jpg

I found the factory wiring loom sufficient for sound quality, 

If you later decide to fit an amplifier at a later date; you can cut the audio cables at the rear of the headunit and extend them to the amplifiers outputs using some insulated spade connectors which then allow the system to be returned to stock setup if ever required without any problem.

IMG_20150328_142212_zps1xvvkyqh.jpg

So to summarize;

you need some 3M Velcro pads,

M6x20 stainless hex head bolts

IMG_20150213_093852_zpsjqoe76vq.jpg

M6 lock nuts & small diameter washers to broaden to grip surface inside the door panel.

IMG_20150213_093920_zpsw3ov2o30.jpg

20 pack of ford door card clips (available in eBay)

IMG_20150124_081658_zpsfn4wfps6_edit_1422092530395_zpsxby2ygcz.jpg

Thats great info .firstly i have checked vaguely in these speaker box & does not have crossovers. But i'll double check this aff after work. If none in box can i use any type or particular ones only?

Also i would need 4 ?? One for each tweeter??

Will let you as i progress further.

Yunii

• Like 1

Ok cool thanks great info i'll read later just skimmed thru now .as for crossovers it looks like these have built in ones as if you look closely & read on box311ee41cc97219181f18b9eac43e90a4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yunii said:

Ok cool thanks great info i'll read later just skimmed thru now .as for crossovers it looks like these have built in ones as if you look closely & read on box311ee41cc97219181f18b9eac43e90a4.jpg

That saves you alot of space,

Crimp spade connectors on to the existing door loom extending them in to the 6.5" speaker,

Then another cable exiting from tweeter ouputs at rear of the 6.5" up to the tweeter👍

That saves you alot of space,

Crimp spade connectors on to the existing door loom extending them in to the 6.5" speaker,

Then another cable exiting from tweeter ouputs at rear of the 6.5" up to the tweeter👍

I have 2 pairs of compo speaker kits like shown can just crimp into rear tweeter loom. As for door card studs i have loads from when i bought leather intetior with cards.

• Like 1

Lenny , When you say crimp a cable from rear of 6.5 tweeter output, well isnt the existing loom already doing this? Is by crimping at the loom where stock plug is?

& Speakers have the stock loom & i have adapters to fit into ford Speakers plugs.

Can i just hack into stock loom without additional loom feeds to/ from 6.5 Speakers?

1 hour ago, yunii said:

Can i just hack into stock loom without additional loom feeds to/ from 6.5 speakers?

I cut the plug off the loom at the 6.5" door speaker and fitted crimp connectors on to them.

didn't go in to the door cavity 

Can you sort of do a diagram on paper showing how to route to double make sure. Showing door loom tweeter plug/speaker loom plug , where to crimp to where etc .just to double make sure.

Yunii

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yunii said:

Can you sort of do a diagram on paper showing how to route to double make sure. Showing door loom tweeter plug/speaker loom plug , where to crimp to where etc .just to double make sure.

Yunii

IMG_20150327_131630_zpspt6cq055_edit_147

This is the plug which goes in to the stock speaker. 

If it's the front doors there will be another cable exiting the same plug and feeding to the tweeter; in your case front and back.

Cut the white connector top off this plug; resulting in two bare wires; as saw here 

IMG_20150327_180657_zpstaaxckns_edit_147

Extend these wires if necessary and feed them in to the aftermarket speaker input or crossover,

Then run new wire from crossover to the aftermarket tweeter on the same door.

Hope this helps, don't have as much time to devote to the forum as I used to.

• Like 1

Ok i figured it out now by looking at 6.5 speaker just one thing unsure about. There are 2 pairs of connections on 6.5 Speakers .

1 pair small spade conections

1 small & 1 large as other pair.

Which is which for 6.5 speaker & tweeter?

I thought their was only one pair of connection & thought you had to take feed from it to tweeters

Yunii

13 hours ago, yunii said:

Ok i figured it out now by looking at 6.5 speaker just one thing unsure about. There are 2 pairs of connections on 6.5 speakers .

1 pair small spade conections

1 small & 1 large as other pair.

Which is which for 6.5 speaker & tweeter?

I thought their was only one pair of connection & thought you had to take feed from it to tweeters

Yunii

The purpose of a crossover is to separates signals 

sending only the high frequency to the tweeters and low frequency to the 6.5" speaker.

it needs separate cables to do this which will be supplied in the box, as sending bass to a tweeter would potentially damage it.

The manual will explain it a bit better, there will be input and output markings on the connections generally the smaller connection is output to the tweeter.

large connection for input from headunit full audio.

IMG_20150325_072010_zpskwkpaj5u_edit_147

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lenny Just fitted the component Speakers kit.

Yunii

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yunii said:

Hi Lenny Just fitted the component speakers kit.

Yunii

Excellent,

Will take around a month for them to bed in, you may hear some crackles in the mean time until the tweeters get used to flexing.

have you noticed much improvement in the mean time? 

Or are they all fitted yet?

• Like 1

Hi Lenny Just fitted the component speakers kit.

Yunii

Excellent,

Will take around a month for them to bed in, you may hear some crackles in the mean time until the tweeters get used to flexing.

have you noticed much improvement in the mean time? 

Or are they all fitted yet?

Actually the sound more crispy & clearer then stock ones. Did the tweeters last week & finished component Speakers today. Their is no crackles or ditortion. Although havent tried out with loud sound. Will do on open road so dont distract neighbourhood..pics to follow.

Yunii

• Like 1

Tweeters by Fusion.

5f2129fc6269727c94c37a24506d9742.jpg

e2fc9fa1c39d95191d44a4bc5af9b27d.jpg

Front Speakers.

5d1a62584e0097e52d781f57d94a5598.jpg

9cd3c21c2fe0b8b4e94fe927563d975d.jpg

3d43260e7ade1a9fb978265c3c93e86e.jpg

546d07d7dcd89220a742b89130008e99.jpg

Rear doors.

• Like 3

a328c3900b03af76a354a15603f3320c.jpg

Yunii

6 minutes ago, yunii said:

Actually the sound more crispy & clearer then stock ones. Did the tweeters last week & finished component speakers today. Their is no crackles or ditortion. Although havent tried out with loud sound. Will do on open road so dont distract neighbourhood..pics to follow.

Yunii

If you set the:

Treble +5 

Bass to +2 

Fader R2

You will get much better output at high levels on the factory headunits.

the Speakers you fitted can exceed the volume of headunits amplifier without distortion,

but you will still hear distortion when the headunit is at maximum output Level 30, 

This isint the Speakers losing response it's the amplifier losing it. Only way to overcome that is with use of aftermarket items but in everyday use level 10-15 is sufficient 👌

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club