Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Focus 2.0 Tdci Intermittent Starting Issue

55 posts in this topic

the problem came back after a few weeks so I fitted egr blocker now the car starts first time every time ps I don't wait for glow light I just start it.

Well I replaced the sensor that sits near the alternator connected up the pipes but nothing. I'm not getting any vacuum from the sensor and it's brand new. Anyone got diagram on pipe work for this. There is a out and vacuum on the sensor, anyone know where the out is connected too? I'd loved to take of the anti shudder valve but one of the torq screws that's holds it on, the head is well and truly mangled.

Glad I discovered this post as my Focus was failing to start and it turned out the anti shudder valve was sticking in the closed position. After filing the valve plate all is well again.

Cheers Robk for your postings.

Man o man, having similar problems to this. The saga so far is every now and again it just won't start. Turns and turn but won't fire/

I noticed mention of the headlights flashing, it does that but I am told this is due to low volts and is not part of the fault as such.

I had it serviced last week, new filters. Should this shudder/egr valve be open or closed?

This morning, bang, won't start. So battery became tired and my mate who has a big break down company popped round, jump leads on and started first time....GGGRRRR

So now wondering if it could be the battery. Alternator is couple of years old, maybe had 6000 miles done since installed.

you need to get a new battery , if the battery voltage is below a certain threshold then you will get cranking but pcm will shut down. also the earth points off the battery need checking for corrosion/poor connections.

then if problem still persists , investigate further.