Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Azza

Wierd Noise coming from front of the car

7 posts in this topic

Hey all

I had a little glancing blow with a wall a little while back, didn't do much visible damage (a few scratchs and a slight dent to the wing) but every since there has been a strange whuring noise when i drive it about 50mph. It's rhythmic in the sense it gets louder and quieter at a continous rate.

I reckon its something to do with the drive shaft, i may have knocked it, but i don't know how this would cause this noise.

Any ideas what could be the problem and how i could go about fixing it.

Thanks

Aaron

It's rhythmic in the sense it gets louder and quieter at a continous rate.

Do you mean that it goes in time with you're speed? Or mabye the revs?

It's in time with the speed, it's nothing to do with revs because the noise is the same even if i change gear and it only ever makes the noise above 50mph. It whures loudly and then quietly repeatitivly, it's louder at higher speeds than lower speeds.

when you hit the wall was is possible you hit the wheel? (might not be noticeable if only the tyre was hit) possible the wheel bearing took some strain and is on its way out, is the noise only coming from one corner of the car?

Yh i hit the wheel, i had to repaint it (i had just put new alloys on!!) Yeah it sounds like it's coming from the side i hit. So really it has to be something to do with impact. You think it's the bearing? How much and how easy is that to replace?

hey

from wot u r explaining it cud be the wheel bearing it wud be worth taking the wheel of and looking

at it.

ill come and hv a look at it 4 u as im such a gd m8 lol !!

hey

from wot u r explaining it cud be the wheel bearing it wud be worth taking the wheel of and looking

at it.

ill come and hv a look at it 4 u as im such a gd m8 lol !!

unless the bearing has fallen apart which is very doubtful, taking the wheel off for a look isnt really going to help.

jack the front of the car and rock the wheel side to side and give it a few turns, listen out for any rough noises or any vibrations. if the wheel bearing is shot it should be quite apparent