Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montune upgrade

MichellefromEssex

My OH has got a bee in his bonnet about the Montune now, we have seen the upgrade pack for the engine but nothing for the bodywork extras/wheels etc, has anyone got any links to where he can find out more about the whole montune upgrade if thats possible? thanks x

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MichellefromEssex

• BenW

• hedgepig

• Skinfaxe

Maybe you have already seen this webpage... but since it´s Mountune´s own homepage, I find it must be the best place to find information! - There is also the possibilty to contact them directly from this page... either by phone or mail.

http://www.mountuneperformance.com/index.p...=39:latest-news

Meanwhile I will be #¤%&%¤¤## because this upgrade with 99,6% can´t be bought in Denmark! - And if it finally became avaliable here, it would most certainly cost at least twice as much as in the UK! :blink:

:)

Maybe you have already seen this webpage... but since it´s Mountune´s own homepage, I find it must be the best place to find information! - There is also the possibilty to contact them directly from this page... either by phone or mail.

http://www.mountuneperformance.com/index.p...=39:latest-news

Meanwhile I will be #¤%&%¤¤## because this upgrade with 99,6% can´t be bought in Denmark! - And if it finally became avaliable here, it would most certainly cost at least twice as much as in the UK! :blink:

Thanks for that link, I have contacted them via email as they have no price confirmed for the appearance upgrade yet. They also are literally only a 20 min drive from me too so that may just come in handy lol. It looks like the appearance pack is a cover for the windmirror, stripes and then the wheels etc so I dont see why they couldnt ship those abroad for you to fit yourself, or maybe a short boat ride over to Essex apparently the engine upgrade takes 4 hours.

I have had an email back and will now need to consult OH and the bank lol, one thing though that has come to mind, we purchased our car through the ford Options scheme, can we still carry out an upgrade?

I have had an email back and will now need to consult OH and the bank lol, one thing though that has come to mind, we purchased our car through the ford Options scheme, can we still carry out an upgrade?

Are you planning on giving the car back at the end of the term or paying the final £££ and keeping it?

Dont think it matters either way, but if your giving it back, your giving back a better car than you brought and you will no longer benefit :) if you get what im saying!

Well we were planning on upgrading the car in 3 years but after a quick phone call to OH we have decided to go for the upgrade the full one including engine, so will now more than likely be keeping it lol. I have sent email to Mountune telling them we plan to go ahead and will be calling them tomorrow to make appointment as you can see from the email I received back - this is quite a good offer:

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your enquiry. The normal RRP and fitting time for the performance upgrade is £1299 incVAT. This has to be fitted at your Ford dealer and we suggest a maximum of 4hours labour to fit this. The normal RRP for the wheels is £529 inc VAT, and the exterior appearancepack is still being finalised - but we expect it to retail for £149.

As a special launch promotion, we're offering a very limited number ofowners the opportunity to have it fitted by us, at our facility in Essex. In addition we won't charge any labour for the power upgrade, and if youpurchase the wheels, we'll supply and fit the exterior appearance pack forfree as well! Spaces are going quickly as you'd imagine, so if it is something of interestplease let me know. After the allocation has gone it will be a dealer fitupgrade only and will obviously revert to the standard retail and labourrates. Power upgrades are available from the second week of April, exteriorappearance items will also be available then, too. Best regards

It looks like the appearance pack is a cover for the windmirror, stripes and then the wheels etc so I dont see why they couldnt ship those abroad for you to fit yourself, or maybe a short boat ride over to Essex apparently the engine upgrade takes 4 hours.

I´m only interested in the engine upgrade and the exhaust (guess it´s the same package), so for the appearance pack I guess your right! – It should be possible to persuade Mountune to send a little package to Denmark if that was the case!

Another thing is the engine upgrade! I live – as you have already noticed – in Denmark, and this little country is a fantastic place to live, no doubt about that. However, every thing about cars is a bit tricky here.

In the first place cars are pretty expensive here, since we got a special tax of 180% on cars! – For instance the Zetec S with paint, delivery and so on cost about 26.000£… and that is with the standard radio without the “big” screen! – Actually, it´s kind of cheap here… so the Zetec S is a good offer compared to similar cars!

Since it´s roughly 180% tax of the car from the factory, the car will cost accordingly to that.

As an example, my old car the Seat Leon TFSI Sport-Up with bluetooth, Automatic Climate control and 18” alloys set me back with almost 46.000£… and that was a special introduction price.

If I wanted the navigation in colour, the price was 6.400£… and no, I´m not joking! Extra equipment is also something that you have to pay 180% tax on.

If you want the new Focus RS it is considered very cheap for it´s class… since it “only” costs around 75.000£

Other examples:

Toyota Aygo with A/C: 16.000£

Mercedes Benz 500SL with the equipment you expect for such a car: 330.000£

Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren (Yep… we got 1 (one) with Danish number plates): 1.250.000£

Bugatti Veyron: Around 3.500.000£… and no, we don’t have any of those ;)

And no… I do NOT miscalculate the difference between Danish and British currency.

BTW: Running costs (insurance, service, petrol etc.) are just as expensive – if not more – as in the UK, and our wage is generally not higher than at your place.

SO… if I went to Essex and tuned my car, there are different rules I´ve to follow when I return home! It´s very complicated to explain due to our tax system… but all in all it will most properly cost me a fortune to get it legal (And I really want the car to be legal).

On the other hand… we do have a rule that says, that if you don´t tweak your engine to produce more than 20% extra it´s all good to go… and this engine upgrade is only a 17% tweak.

Then we got all the things about warranty… and I will most certainly think, that even though Ford in the UK have approved the tuning, it´s another matter in Denmark. The only tuning yet to be approved by any importer in Denmark is the Hirsh-tuning for SAAB… so guess they will only laugh at me if I shoved up at my local Ford-dealer with an “Exotic tuning” as Mountune! ;)

All in all… I haven’t completely forgot about that tuning, and hope that there will be more info about it for people outside UK during the next couple of months. It would be very nice if Mountune would try to push their way into the rest of Europe as well! – Guess there are quite a bit Zetec S (or Sport as they are called here) owners that would be interested in this upgrade.

Well we were planning on upgrading the car in 3 years but after a quick phone call to OH we have decided to go for the upgrade the full one including engine, so will now more than likely be keeping it lol. I have sent email to Mountune telling them we plan to go ahead and will be calling them tomorrow to make appointment as you can see from the email I received back - this is quite a good offer:

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your enquiry. The normal RRP and fitting time for the performance upgrade is £1299 incVAT. This has to be fitted at your Ford dealer and we suggest a maximum of 4hours labour to fit this. The normal RRP for the wheels is £529 inc VAT, and the exterior appearancepack is still being finalised - but we expect it to retail for £149.

As a special launch promotion, we're offering a very limited number ofowners the opportunity to have it fitted by us, at our facility in Essex. In addition we won't charge any labour for the power upgrade, and if youpurchase the wheels, we'll supply and fit the exterior appearance pack forfree as well! Spaces are going quickly as you'd imagine, so if it is something of interestplease let me know. After the allocation has gone it will be a dealer fitupgrade only and will obviously revert to the standard retail and labourrates. Power upgrades are available from the second week of April, exteriorappearance items will also be available then, too. Best regards

sweet!

Im gonna hold out for the ST or RS :)

sweet!

Im gonna hold out for the ST or RS :)

But I thought that there was to be no RS now, mmm have to pop to Fords on Friday for my new seatbelt so will ask about it then.

Skinfaxe - did I get this right, that you have paid £26,000 for your Zetec S (I also refer to it as my sport)? that is a lot of money!!!!!

Well I shall be phoning Mountune in the morning to discuss wether we qualify for the limited edition free fitting and appearance pack or not, so will keep you posted.

yeah let us know about what u find out...

another question michelle... do u or anyone reading this know if i can have the mountune exterior upgraded to my titanium even thou its just a 1.4, i dont want to touch the engine at all, just the look of the car...

here is the link they sent me in their email, I would have thought it would be ok, I know for the engine its either the zetec S or the Titanium 1.6:

www.mountune.com

www.mountuneperformance.com

hi again, they just got back to me, and say they can...

Hi John, Thanks for your call. As you correctly identified we unfortunately can't offer you anything in theengine department (yet), but yes, the side-splash and mirrors and the wheels/ tyres are available to any Fiesta owner. The wheels are £529 and come with Mountune Performance centre caps and blackwheel nuts. Tyres are also available - price to follow this week. Theexterior appearance items should be £149. All will be available from the 6th April and as they are just exterior partswe should be able to supply them to either your local Mountune Performancedealer to fit, or directly to you. Best regards, David Moore Technical Co-ordinator

so im going to to get the exterior upgrade to my car... woo hoo

Hey guys. I'd be interested in upgrading my Titanium 1.6 TiVCT engine when I got it.. possibly the exterior kit too...

Was wondering how this would effect the insurance rating? Push it up from 7 to 700 maybe? I doubt I would be able to get insured.. but anyone know by ow much it would push it?

THanks.

But I thought that there was to be no RS now, mmm have to pop to Fords on Friday for my new seatbelt so will ask about it then.

Skinfaxe - did I get this right, that you have paid £26,000 for your Zetec S (I also refer to it as my sport)? that is a lot of money!!!!!

Well I shall be phoning Mountune in the morning to discuss wether we qualify for the limited edition free fitting and appearance pack or not, so will keep you posted.

We will have to wait and see :)

To be honest in 2 years i should be getting a bmw 1 or A3. Just have to wait and see what time brings :D

Due to the economical climate at the moment, dealers are pretty desperate - at least here in Denmark - to sell cars... and therefor I managed to get a pretty good discount on my car!

All in all (but without the new alloys) I paid just below 24.000£... and that´s a very good price for such a car! ;)

I think the reason why Jeremy Clarkson in a episode of Top Gear said "Danish number plates are cool", is because we pay so much more for our cars than almost anywhere else on the planet! ;)

Just had a thought about the tyres, if we upgrade (which we were 100% sure about a few hourse ago) we will have to buy 4 new tyres also as ours are 16" and the new alloys are 17" - damn more !Removed! expense, I could have a new sofa really!!!!!!!

Not sure about the insurance category, I will phone and check it out, tbh I recon I know what they will say now - "they will have to get back to me", just like they did the day I brought the car as they had no new Fiesta Zetec S spec listed on their system lol.

I am all booked in - 8th April at 9am, will be the 2nd car to be upgraded damn that person who beat me to 7th April lol, Costing just a little over 2k for the whole lot including tyres, everything they take off the car including alloys/tyres exhaust system will be boxed up and given back to me.

Also I asked about the insurance going up and he said that it may not affect it at all and that when they did the ST upgrades (think thats what he said lol) some people found their insurance went down which is strange!!!

Wow thats sounds good.... you going for the whole lot? did you call them? or email me etc? how do i go about booking mine in too?

why so much... cant u buy one here and get it sent over... save a fortune.. i think

Can’t be done… or rather, I can import the car, but I still have to pay our special tax, so all in all it will end up costing the same as if I bought it in Denmark. – Actually, it would most likely cost even more if I did it that way. The reason for that is as follows; If you’re removing our special tax on cars, Denmark is one of the cheapest countries to bye a car in… because the factories are aware of our special tax and sell their cars to the importers a very low price, so it’s possible for the importers and dealers to sell the cars with the 180% tax without ripping the costumers completely!

So if I bought a brand new car in the UK and imported it to Denmark… I could easily end up paying more for the car, cause your cars – without the tax – are a little more expensive than in Denmark! – On the other way around, it could maybe give you people in the UK a little discount if you imported a car from Denmark and paid the UK tax on it! ;)

But… if you as a Dane import a used car to Denmark it can give you an advantage, cause then you can buy a car an only pay the special tax on the actual car, and not of all the extras! A lot of especially old BMW´s, AUDI´s and MB´s are finding their way to Denmark because of that… cause you can pay almost the same amount of money for a 2001 AUDI A6 with little extras bought in Denmark, as you´re paying for the same car if you import it from Germany with a lot of extras. – All in all you will get the extras almost “free”!

An example: A couple of years ago, a friend of mine bought a used Golf V V6 Syncro with everything in extras for about 11.250£ in Germany! – When he wanted to put on Danish number plates to make it legal to drive the car in Denmark, he had to pay an extra 18.750£ in tax! All in all, the price of the car ended up in about 30.000£. It was still a very good price, since the same car in Denmark would cost around 7.500£ more.

Thats an awful lot of money skinfaxe, so I suppose you tend to hold onto your car longer? I have now instructed my OH that we WILL NOT be trading this car in anytime in the next 5 years if we are paying out more money on it.

Johnnymac - Yeah I am having the full monty lol, I phoned this morning spoke to David, who is a really nice bloke, I have to call him next week just to confirm Ford are on target for the release date of 7th April.

Cool, bet you cant wait... id love to see it! I emailed yesterday, and they called back saying I cant have the engine upgrade which I knew, but didnt want that anyway, but all I want is the exterior upgrade, how much are you paying for the exterior, minus the wheels?

thanks

Because we have managed to secure a slot on the special launch promotion we are getting the exterior upgrade for free as well as free fitting of the engine upgrade and wheels, just having the pay for engine and the alloys/tyres.

Works out they are only 9 miles away from my house - convenient or what lol. Will you have to travel to Essex or can your local dearship fit it for you?

Thats an awful lot of money skinfaxe, so I suppose you tend to hold onto your car longer?

Generally yes! - We have the oldest fleet of cars in Western Europe.

In my case I held on to my first car (Citroën C2 1,6 VTR) for 2 years: Paid from new 23.000£ and got 14.400£ at a dealer when I sold it.

I had my Seat Leon TFSI Sport-Up for 2½ years: Paid from new 46.900£ including wintertyres and got 25.000£ at a dealer when I sold it! Outch... but was forced to sell it due to a divorce!

So paying 1.299, 1.399 or 1.799£ (whatever) for a legal engine-upgrade, is something I almost consider as peanuts if I can get 20 extra HP, the sweet exhaust-note and a car 2 seconds faster to 100km/h... AND keep my warranty!

I´m really interested in that engine upgrade... cause even though the Zetec S is moving along at a decent speed and I´m very satisfied with it, I could use a little extra power! It would be nice from standstills to be able to get away a little bit quicker... and at the freeway I also wish to have a little more power.

I think it´s because I was used to the Seat Leon and its almost 200HP and 270nm at 1.800rpm I think that way! - I sold it more than a half year ago and have had no car until now... but boy, that was a really fast car compared to the Zetec S... and especially in the midrange acceleration it was a hell of a lot quicker, not to mention from 0 - 100km/h.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club