Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

talksy

Ford Radio Display Says 'alarm'

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I got in my car this afternoon and after driving for a minute or two, put on the radio. It said on the screen ALARM. The radio was playing fine in the background, and I could change channel no problem, but the display kept saying ALARM.

I switched it off and left it for a bit, and then it was fine, ALARM has now gone.

Any ideas on what it meant?

London Pirate messing with the national emergency RDS flag?

certainly sounds like a possibility! I wonder how many others in London saw it if that was the case...?

just Googled this and it could very well be an illegal broadcast , i like your thinking vibeone

maybe this is where we find out Vibeone was out and about down london way with a large tower out the sunroof :D

Haha...

You sometimes get a test Alarm in tunnels too - Dartford etc when they're testing the emergency broadcast systems.

Haha...

You sometimes get a test Alarm in tunnels too - Dartford etc when they're testing the emergency broadcast systems.

Ahah.

Thanks for all of the posts.

I was actually very near a tunnel at the time. I bet it came from there!