• 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

The amount of stress this is causing i could really do without

its bad enough my original screen exploded

i tried to get it replaced myself so as to not use my glass cover excess but the replacement turned out to be wrong year

now i'm having to use my excess anyway and wait a week to have it done

if the bloke had turned up at 7 when he was supposed to and not at half 9 at night it would of been daylight and he would of seen how its only temporarily secured on

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,377 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

phone your insurance, rant and rave, guarantee you after three calls (yes three!) - first time they will just take note, phone them back an hour later complaining you still havent heard back - they will probably go speak to the manager - third time, tell them that you are fuming, demand a manager and insist that its fixed immediately as you have paid for a service you are not recieving you will  probably have someone new on your doorstep within the afternoon!

#18 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Im trying to work out whether to bite the bullet and wait a week till they can be bothered to do it, or send them a long complaint about how i've been treated.

Its been a very stressful time as it is the last months cause i've been backwards n forwards to hospital visiting my poor nan who's just been diagnosed with stomach cancer.

Then this happens and i needed my car roadworthy asap so i tried to get it replaced myself and now all this is happening. I rely on my car daily for getting about and the temporary screen needs to come off asap

#19 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

It was the manager that phoned me this morning jeebo mate kicking off at me making out i'd lied saying its smashed when its not to get them out quicker. When i explained to the first bloke i spoke to the situation and that i'd had it temporarily replaced

#20 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

I vote kick up a fuss and say that it slipped off while driving, and threaten to call trading standards. You paid for a service, and need them to do their part.

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,377 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

agreed, kick up the fuss, tell the insurers about your temporary fix, advise that it was no different to taping over the gap with a black bag. Advise that you need the car fixing immediately.

As for the manager, he seems no better than his employee. Drive to their place of work, loosen the window and put the car in reverse the stop abruptly. What will they do then?

#22 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

so far i've just sent a long ranty complaint via the website contact us box explaining everything in detail as they wouldnt listen to me on the phone, got an email back saying my complaints been passed over to the customer care team who'll be in touch

another joke is i'm 80quid down and no closer to having it fixed cause they've already took the excess out me account

#23 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,377 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

not sure where you sent that email but send it to insurers and company who are supposedly acting on their behalf...

#24 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Did you get this all sorted in the end mate? Not sure if you posted an update on another thread or anything, but noticed you have the 2.5 screen for sale, so guessing/hoping it all worked out ok?

#25 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Did you get this all sorted in the end mate? Not sure if you posted an update on another thread or anything, but noticed you have the 2.5 screen for sale, so guessing/hoping it all worked out ok?

yes gary mate, they eventually decided to finally come out and replace my screen on wednesday

i meant to put an update up about it but couldnt get on the forums lol

cost me an 80quid excess

#26 ippy

ippy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: ian
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia x auto
  • Year: 2004
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Ithink the moral to this is,  if your screen is smashed leave it smashed ring insurance up tell them its a real emergency that its fixed and i bet no matter wot time of day or nite it is they will fix it,

sorry to here of your experience m8, but now  you should ring/email your insurance co and tell them how discgusted you are with the service and that you are going to go with someone else unless theres sum kind of compensation like lower premium or free break down or somthing, if they tell you to get lost 'compare the meerkat.com', wot you got to lose you may even get your £80 back  :ph34r:

good luck m8 ;)

#27 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,377 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

certainly agree with Ian, you have nothing to lose right now, gotta be worth a shot!

#28 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

i did phone as soon as it happened mate, i phoned early in the morning when it happened. the bloke eventually turned up at half 9 at night.

couldnt wait that long so i tried to get it repaired myself cause i needed the car back on the road

i refuse to use the comparison site you said mate, cause i hate meerkats lol :P

but whatever site i do use it wont give me a quote anywhere near what i'm paying anyway

no matter what site i use, i get silly quotes of between 1800 and 2500 grand at the lowest up to some even sillier numbers :o

but the insurance company i'm with quoted me only 700quid

which if your an old git even that will sound silly lol

#29 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Don't understand how half these monkeys get these jobs...

Funny example: I phoned those ChipsAway mob a few months ago just for a quote - they come out and fix chips/scratches on yer car, etc, and it's a franchise so you deal directly with the guy who does the repairs when getting quotes etc, so you'd expect these types of guys to know a bit about cars.

Anyway, I phoned up and the guy was asking questions about the car. Here's how the conversation went:

Him: What's the make, model and year?
Me: It's a 2006 Ford Focus.

Him: Okay, is that the one with the long back or the one with the curved back?
Me: What?
Him:You know, I'm just trying to get an idea of what the car looks like.
Me: It's a hatchback if that's what you mean.
Him: Ah, right, yes, that's what I meant. Where is the damage on the car?
Me: It's on the driver's side at the rear quarter where the wheel arch meets the back door.
Him: Back door?
Me: Yes, back door.
Him: I thought you said it was a hatchback?
Me: Yes, that's right, it is.
Him: If it's a hatchback it can't have 4 doors (he said this in a sort of mocking tone).
Me: Eh, actually, yes you can... the word "hatchback" relates to the style of the rear of the car, not how many doors it has.
Him: Right okay. You sure it's not a saloon?
Me: Look mate, the Ford Focus is probably the most common car on the road, and the hatchback is probably the most common type of Ford Focus on the road, and most of them have 4 doors. If you, as a guy who supposedly fixes cars all day everyday, don't know what one looks like, then I don't think I'll be needing a quote from you. 

Then I hung up.

Beggars belief.

P.S. my response when I read your first line about smashing your window whilst accidentally slamming the boot was similar to the response I have when I hear about somebody getting booted in the chuckies.

#30 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Don't understand how half these monkeys get these jobs...

Funny example: I phoned those ChipsAway mob a few months ago just for a quote - they come out and fix chips/scratches on yer car, etc, and it's a franchise so you deal directly with the guy who does the repairs when getting quotes etc, so you'd expect these types of guys to know a bit about cars.

Anyway, I phoned up and the guy was asking questions about the car. Here's how the conversation went:

Him: What's the make, model and year?
Me: It's a 2006 Ford Focus.

Him: Okay, is that the one with the long back or the one with the curved back?
Me: What?
Him:You know, I'm just trying to get an idea of what the car looks like.
Me: It's a hatchback if that's what you mean.
Him: Ah, right, yes, that's what I meant. Where is the damage on the car?
Me: It's on the driver's side at the rear quarter where the wheel arch meets the back door.
Him: Back door?
Me: Yes, back door.
Him: I thought you said it was a hatchback?
Me: Yes, that's right, it is.
Him: If it's a hatchback it can't have 4 doors (he said this in a sort of mocking tone).
Me: Eh, actually, yes you can... the word "hatchback" relates to the style of the rear of the car, not how many doors it has.
Him: Right okay. You sure it's not a saloon?
Me: Look mate, the Ford Focus is probably the most common car on the road, and the hatchback is probably the most common type of Ford Focus on the road, and most of them have 4 doors. If you, as a guy who supposedly fixes cars all day everyday, don't know what one looks like, then I don't think I'll be needing a quote from you. 

Then I hung up.

Beggars belief.

P.S. my response when I read your first line about smashing your window whilst accidentally slamming the boot was similar to the response I have when I hear about somebody getting booted in the chuckies.

what an utter moron mate

wouldnt trust someone like that anywhere near my motor if they dont know what a hatchback is

tell me about it mate

went with a right bang, proper exploded

think the gas struts are shot as they decided to not hold the boot up

its closed on my back once before now while i was getting summin out the boot

needless to say a new pair of struts have been ordered off the bay

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users