Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Headloss

Damo09

Hi All -Newbie here so please be gentle!!!!

Recently bought a 61 plate 1.2 zetec fiesta (nice car) with 997 miles on the clock. Bought it from the car people who serviced it at that mileage when i bought it. They stamped the service book etc -so far so good. Now I do a fair few miles and around the august time its gonna hit the magic 12.5k miles mark. I spoke to Ford to enquire what service it would need etc - they couldn't give an answer!

Now in the past with my previous cars (none bought new or nearly new) I took them to a trusted garage who always did a good job (not the cheapest) but on a service did exactly that - replaced all fluids (coolant, oil, brake if needed), replaced filters, plugs and a good look over the car. Now I would prefer this type of service every 10k (like on all my previous cars) and after perusal it seems ford do the bare minimum. The garage I use is part of the good garage scheme, vat registered and uses original parts

Would this invalidate my warranty using this garage? Or have fords dealership got me by the proverbials?

Cheers

Damian

Aslong as its serviced by qualified mechanics and the book is stamped your warranty wont be affected.

Must be a VAT registered garage and use Ford approved parts.

Must be a VAT registered garage and use Ford approved parts.

And carried out in accordance with the Ford specification.