Do Not Sell My Personal Information

05 Mondeo Starting Issues

Marty986

Hi I have a 2.0 tdci Mondy Zetec S & recently when I turn the key the 1st time, nothing happens no turn over what so ever but all lights are on as normal. I then turn the key to the off position & start again it fires up no problem!

Any idea what the problem could be?? I am waiting for the coil light to go out every time b4 starting. I have also tried the spare key thinking the key could be worn but the same result.

Any help would be great!

Marty

It might seem a daft question, but when you turn the key does the pats light stay on constant or flash rapidly?

Not to sure what pats light is but all lights come on as normal with none flashing!?

could probably be a few things. dont think you'll find out without hooking it up to Ford IDS though,or at least finding out where voltages are reading etc

No not yet have a service soon so gona ask if they would know anything, failing that ill have to get it plugged into ford & c??

• 2 weeks later...

So here's an update; I had the mondy down at my Mechanic yesterday for a service and I mentioned about the starting problem, I got a call about 2 hours later say'n that he had opened the starter and it was full of shavings from the flywheel so he cleaned it out and now it starts 1st time again!! :) on the down side I need a new clutch thou :( but after 110,000 miles she's prob due 1

Wonder if your crank sensor was covered in swarf? You might be lucky & your DMF might last a while yet,givin you time to source a new DMF/clutch kit etc.

Glad to hear its runnin again though

The filings are bits of the rivets that hold your dmf together being ground down. It's a good indicator of dmf wear and is quite common on diesel mondeo. You'll need to replace your dmf(and clutch) asap.

The filings are bits of the rivets that hold your dmf together being ground down. It's a good indicator of dmf wear and is quite common on diesel mondeo. You'll need to replace your dmf(and clutch) asap.

+1 exactly what i thought when i read post #7