• FOC Supporters
  • 64 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hey guys, 

me again! 

I am wanting to base my car on the XR2i and I'm currently looking at the front bumper (with the fogs in) like the picture below. 

1785214.jpg

Now, I was looking into this a little while back and I remember (well, I think I do) seeing something online where someone wanted to put the Xr2i bumper on their Fiesta and someone else said it would fit fine as the screws are the same. Now two questions really.... 

1) Has anyone actually seen this before or know of someone who has done it? I've tried searching most of the day and seriously cannot find the forum or anything which I recall seeing it on! Would it just be a simple swap over like I think? 

2) For the wiring, would anyone have any idea on doing this? Would it be a relay added in to the beams and also the Main beams? 

Any help would be massively appreciated! =) 

Mark  

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

As far as i am aware the xr2i bumper bolts straight on and the mounts are the same as the other models of the same year/ mark 

The spots are not difficult to wire up, the power can be taken directly from the battery, via a high- amparage fuse,through a relay to the spots,  the relay could be controlled from a switch on the dash, i think you are supposed to wire them to main beam (easily done) fog lights can be run without main beam on

I could sketch a diagram if you like     

#3 vince_13

vince_13

Vince

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

this might be of some use

http://www.fiestagui.../xrsi_fogs.html

#4 Mrmark941

Mrmark941

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 64 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

As far as i am aware the xr2i bumper bolts straight on and the mounts are the same as the other models of the same year/ mark 

The spots are not difficult to wire up, the power can be taken directly from the battery, via a high- amparage fuse,through a relay to the spots,  the relay could be controlled from a switch on the dash, i think you are supposed to wire them to main beam (easily done) fog lights can be run without main beam on

I could sketch a diagram if you like     

Yes please! sorry for the late reply, I didn't see that these responses were posted! 

this might be of some use

http://www.fiestagui.../xrsi_fogs.html

Taken a look at that, seems a bit.. complicated! haha 

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xr2i, fiesta, mk3, mkIII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users