Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

pbbyc

Help? Automatic Volume Control Mk6

4 posts in this topic

Hi Ford Owners Club

I've recently upgraded my sound system in my 2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 CDTI. After replacing the triple stack with an after market head unit, I've connected an old sub I had. All went is sweet & works well.

Now here is the problem...

When I accelerate or drive the sub seem's to cut out. The only thing I can think of that maybe effecting it, was the automatic volume control? I was wondering if there was a way to maybe cut/disconnect a wire feeding into the Head Unit that would stop this?

Or if anyone else has experienced this, how did you solve it? I'm really scratching my head on this one.

Thanks Crew!!

maybe not then

If you have AVC settings on your aftermarket radio try setting it to 0 and see how you get on.

(btw, give people a chance to read your message before getting impatient please)

I would have thought that the auto control unit or module would have been integrated into the stereo rather than the car anyway, read the stereo manual, unless your too macho to do that. (-; Haha