Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

granpa dave

Spacesaver Spare Wheel

5 posts in this topic

i am new to the forum and an oap i drive 2010mondeo zetec . my problem is i bought an i8 in alloy to replace my spacsaver as i tow a caravan the alloy sits high in the boot as its larger than the spacesaver. leaving a hump in the boot carpet .any suggestions would be helpful regads dave

I cant think of any way around it I'm afraid. The wheel well wasn't made for that size wheel. It may take a wider steely but as you have bought a full size spare it would be a waste.

cant you put it in the caravan as and when needed :huh:

There is a kit available from fords, for the focus that raises the boot floor to allow you to carry a full sized spare wheel, I assume there may also be one for the mondeo, from the thread I've read it sounds expensive, but it may be the only way around it

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42149-space-saver-spare-wheel/?hl=%2Bspace+%2Bsaver'>Link

In my mk3 estate, the plasti that holds the jack etc, had a lip round it liftingthe space saver up off the base of the well, i cut that off and a full sized spare fit in fine, not sure if the newer models have something similar.