Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re Fitting Leather Interior In Mk3 Mondeo

marty21

Hi all, i'm looking for some advice...

I have a 2006 Mondeo Edge 5 door hatch mark3, I was in the local breakers today and the have a 2002 mk3 Ghia x with a leather interior,heated/electric seats and all the door cards, can anyone advise on the following queries?

1. My Mondeo has manual rear windows,how easy would it be to change these to electric as the interior comes with rear door cards with electric window switches?

2.My front seat has basic powered up and down movement, the Ghia interior has full movement controls, would I have wiring issues trying to swap these over?

3. How easy would it be to wire up these replacement seats to work as heated seats,my car a small coin/card holder where the 2 seat switches should go?

4 is it best to try get a facelift interior

5 As i am up in sunny scotland i wish ,has any members in the lanarkshire/glasgow area done this swap that could help me

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Martin

you would have to change the rear window regulators from manual to electric,which might mean replace door loom to.just check under seats for connection sockets as there colour coded.discounnect battery as ur be messing around with airbag moduals which might put on airbag light

• Like 1

rear windows is here fairly easy to do as ive done it myself

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Rear_electric_windows_-_Retro_Fit

the heated seats would also need switches putting in and it may or may not have the wiring looms for it in place, alot of facelifts had wiring taken out. the movement depends on what looms are in place under the seat.

Facelift interior will still have the same problem wiring wise, it depends on what looms are in, if it comes to it you just wont have heated seats and extra movement in the drivers seat.

Thanks very much for advice provided so far have had a root around behind coin/credit card holder and found a small green/red multiplug with 5 wires in it is this where if i remove coin holder the heated seat switch would plug into .Also on rear window conversion once i get both rear door wiring looms are there plugs in door to plug in wiring loom for electric window motor sorry if its long winded as i said complete ameteur but willing to give it a try with your help and guidance

you will need to replace the loom that goes from the door pillar into the door. There is a joint in the pillar itself, its a matter of disconnecting the door lock and speaker from the loom and disconnect at the pillar then connect the new loom up to the joint in the pillar then at the other end to the lock, speaker, window switch and window motor.

Im not sure about the wiring for the seats.Ive just had a look at pics of facelift dashes to check and it seems to be the centre one that the heated seat switch goes to. all i know is ford had a habit of taking wiring out of some cars but leaving it in others so there may be looms in for rear heated seats too, mine unfortunately doesnt.

The ideal example is the footwell lights. In lx models that arent supposed to have them, all they did was leave the wiring in place and not put a bulb in, typical ford :lol:

if you do manage to fit the seats and wiring and it doesnt work, this may help

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Heated_Seats_Relay_-_Facelift

steve ,

Thank you very much for your advice and support am going to try and source a interior from breakers round about the glasgow area at least i can see when taking doorcards and window switches out how to put them back into my car have seen interiors on eBay but £55/£75 delivery is a bit steep and knowing my luck with eBay would have rips or parts missing

thanks

martin

theres always this option when it comes to the windows

http://www.mondeospares.co.uk/ford-mondeo-mk3-rear-electric-window-set-793-p.asp

and maybe interior

http://www.mondeospares.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

i have heard different reports about mondeo spares, mine was bad but others have been good.

just seen this on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mondeo-MK3-2001-2007-LX-Full-Leather-Interior-/261206755498?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd122c8aa

If you find some on eBay close enough to you, you could drive over and pick it up, and make sure its not damaged too

Personally i would stick with the facelift interior for your facelift car - the facelift has adjustable levels for the heated front seats, the pre- facelift does not, also, some of the wiring plugs/ sockets differ pre/ post facelift - (ie- the front seats)

i am tending to lean towards trying to getting a face lift interior from some where in glasgow/edinburgh area have seen interioirs on eBay and mondeo spares but i would have to buy door looms and switches seperate to interior from mondeo spares and that would put over £100 onto price of interior and as some have said i dont get chance to look over it before i buy so the hunt is on for the interior at brakers up here have put ad in gumtree and ad trader aswell will keep you posted if and when i get one no doubt to get advice for thge wiring

thank you all for advice and help so far

Martin

Have seen a mondeo st at breakers would this fit my car its a 2006 hatchback same as mines

As far as i know they should fit, how much are they wanting for it all. If You know the owner and get on with him, you could always say to him to put that car to one side so you can take bits out as you go along and agree a price for the lot.

I keep looking for full cars going cheap on eBay or autotrader, then buy the whole car, strip it and put it all in mine and fill the garage up with spares :lol: . The only thing stopping me it the cost of insurance, my renewals due in two weeks and im dreading how much its going to be with the mods im declaring so far :unsure:

Have seen a mondeo st at breakers would this fit my car its a 2006 hatchback same as mines

Everything fits straight on - there is someone who did an ST replica based on a boggo 2.0L TDCI - if you do the front spoiler/ bumper you will need the "bottom valance" undertray from the ST as its deeper - the rear bumper on the ST-TDCI has a cutout for the exhaust visible on the left- hand side, the ST 220 has a cutout on both sides for the twin exhaust pipes

As far as i know they should fit, how much are they wanting for it all. If You know the owner and get on with him, you could always say to him to put that car to one side so you can take bits out as you go along and agree a price for the lot.

I keep looking for full cars going cheap on ebay or autotrader, then buy the whole car, strip it and put it all in mine and fill the garage up with spares :lol: . The only thing stopping me it the cost of insurance, my renewals due in two weeks and im dreading how much its going to be with the mods im declaring so far :unsure:

Sometimes its cheaper to buy a whole (donor) car than buying a whole interior, injectors, TDDI pumps etc You can get the bits you want and still make a tidy little profit by the time you have sold everything.you dont need - if you can afford it (and have somewhere to keep the donor car) you can save a lot of money (catch 22)

A lot of my mods don't cost any more money / Try adrian flux

Sometimes its cheaper to buy a whole (donor) car than buying a whole interior, injectors, TDDI pumps etc You can get the bits you want and still make a tidy little profit by the time you have sold everything.you dont need - if you can afford it (and have somewhere to keep the donor car) you can save a lot of money (catch 22)

A lot of my mods don't cost any more money / Try adrian flux

Yep i agree if you can find a donor cheap enough and have the space and money then its a better option.

I live in bradford postcode so its extortionate with out any mods, mines due on the 15th so going to ring round for prices.

well just a quick update went to look at car at breakers seats were torn to hell and because windscreen out soaked and covered in green slime so the hunt continues for the black leather interior or st interior next port of call sports car breakers edinburgh its about 50 miles away but have to widen my search as have looked at all places in lanarkshire area and some in glasgow

martin

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update the hunt still continues went to look at a mondeo tonight unfortunatley it was a prefacelift full leather interior in immaculate condition so if any member is looking for an interior pm me and will give you details guy wants only £120 gutted that it would not suit my car because of wiring

also the st wings are diff to as there more flared out and bumper mounts diff to standard wings

Thanks for that information not brave enough to tackle the bumpers yet still looking for a faceliift car 2004 and above to get interior from

well still no interior had to console my self with doing retro fit of electric rear windows got all the parts at weekend from a car which i could test that the motors worked only took me 2 hrs to do was surprised at how easy it was and it worked first time which for me and anything electrical is a surprise felling brave and am thinking of getting powerfold mirrors to retract in via keyfob next no doubt i will be back on forum asking for help

martin