Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Covering Cars On Public Road

mixmasterlooney

As the title say. The question is, can i cover up my car on public roads and leave it for couple days, the car is taxed and insured with a valid tax disc on display.

I will be painting the brake calipers, as i don't have a drive way and i won't want to leave the car exposed to the elements while the wheels are off i want to wrap it all up!

i would not know the letter of the law , buat as it's taxed and insured your perfectly legal for being on the road , and i can't see a problem with it being covered.

"i was keeping the Frost off officer" :)

I don't think there is a problem with it , i would do it if i needed too.

Yeah and i think as i can get some cheap covers on eBay for 12 quid i don't mind cutting a hole so the tax is visible, same for the number plates

Just to be on the safe side

A mate of mine owns a 1969 Mustang and has no off road parking, so keeps it covered on the road. He's had no problems with it.

You should pm stoney871 he is a olive officer and knows this sort of stuff

You may have to keep the number plates visible so it can be checked for insurance, mot etc. Saying that it may need to show a bit more so they can check it matches the details from dlva.

It could be a stolen top of the top of the range model but with basic standard number plate nicked off a legal car.

It may be a bit iffy depending what mood the police are in that see it.

As long as the vehicle is road legal, taxed and insured then you're fine.

If an Officer gets curious all he'd have to do is lift the cover enough to check the VRN and he'd get all the relevant information from a PNC check anyway.

Only time you might get trouble is if you're in a resident only parking area and need a valid permit displayed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club