Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cree Bulbs

Philf1

Hoping someone can help here with Cree bulbs. I am going to get some of these as everyone says they are the dogs but what I'm not sure about is that the bulbs have a different coloured covers on them, red, blue and white. What is the difference in these as I don't want to get the wrong ones

as far as i know the colours dont mean anything

for example i ordered a couple of cree reverse bulbs and on the listing i purchased from they was red

but the bulbs that turned up had blue casing

doesnt mean a thing though

oh and when you order your reverse lights you may as well get a red cree fog bulb too ;)

I tend to get silver ones because they look cleaner, but they're fine in any colour as long as th light is actually white.

as above the metal casing doesnt mean anything.

The only problem with crees is they are directional, so if you put them in tail lights they shine straight out instead of reflecting off the shiny surround and spread the light on the lens.

This can have the effect of being able to see them from directly behind the car, but not as well from the side.

as above the metal casing doesnt mean anything.

The only problem with crees is they are directional, so if you put them in tail lights they shine straight out instead of reflecting off the shiny surround and spread the light on the lens.

This can have the effect of being able to see them from directly behind the car, but not as well from the side.

You say that, yet they are quite spread out in the light, the projectors do a good job really. They tend to reflect around the light housing very well actually, giving a much better effect than the one's where there's just a mad amount of LED's on a stalk.

I dont just say that i have tried it, they give a birght light straight backwards on tail lights but not much out to the sides. Yes they are better than the silly bulbs with 20 or 30 leds in all directions but ordinary filament bulbs are still brighter all round than either option.

Oh tail-lights, yeah them's not so good. Never use LED's on tail-lights, they're simply not bright enough when replacing filament bulbs (yet), CREE's are close, but too directional for tail-lights. I have them in for reversing bulbs and they work very well.

Saying that, I have got some to go in my fog lights that were in my pre-facelift, that have the main CREE bulbs at the front, and then down the side on 4 sides are 2 LED's which work really well. Trouble is on 501's, they're a bit long and poke out quite a distance, that look naff when they're not on in the dark.

I agree front ones are good as they are usualy directional. I have a pair for side lights that are crees and very white, shame i have got headlights that still have a yellow tinge :lol: (ring 120% ultima), when these blow ill go for nightbreakers or philips x-treme to match the side lights.

I havent tried the fogs on mine, but i wouldnt have thought they would match nightbreakers or x-tremes versions for brightness.

I have got crees for my reversing lights as i want them to shine straight back rather than out to the sides so i can see where im going, but i think the other tail lights are still better for brightness with normal filaments.

Oh no, the CREE's are nowhere near as bright as the original fog lights, which is why I never swapped the main beams for them on my other car, they're just not bright enough, but look great on the fog's.

My HID's match the front sidelight CREE's at 6000K :P

As for reversing, on the Fiesta you get a capless bulb so the CREE's are better in that case.

iIl stick with my standard lights ta :P

not really a fan of hids, but everyone has their own preference.

Thanks for the advice guys, guess best to try and get silver/white ones so they don't show through the lens if Ican. Think will just do the reverse and front sidelights on mine, probably the dipped beam with some highpower bulbs.

Thanks for the advice guys, guess best to try and get silver/white ones so they don't show through the lens if Ican. Think will just do the reverse and front sidelights on mine, probably the dipped beam with some highpower bulbs.

dunno if trying to order a certain colour will work to be fair mate, its kinda you get what your given lol

like i said i think the ones in the listing i ordered from had either red or silver casing (cant remember which)

but the ones that turned up was blue

this was for reverse lights though

i reckon if your buying sidelights they would most likely have a white or silver casing to be fair

dunno if trying to order a certain colour will work to be fair mate, its kinda you get what your given lol

like i said i think the ones in the listing i ordered from had either red or silver casing (cant remember which)

but the ones that turned up was blue

this was for reverse lights though

i reckon if your buying sidelights they would most likely have a white or silver casing to be fair

Every set I've had have been silver >.<

Just make sure you get the 12mm wide ones or they won't fit at all.

My white cree has a red case and my red cree has a silver case, curious!

Same as you stoney on mine I really don't think it makes a difference, although saying that my red with a silver case seems a touch brighter than the reverse lamp. I still can't see much when reversing, lucky I'm a HGV driver so used to just edging and using Mirrors, that's the only gripe with a focus mk2, everything looks closer than it is out of all the mirrors, even brake checked a couple of people and realised actually they aren't being fools and breaking the 2 second rule !

Ive ended up stickingthis on the tobar to give me more light. Its an 18 watts led light, about £15 from amazon at the time. Lights up the whole drive and neighbours too when im reversing :lol:

post-40098-0-78338000-1368216398_thumb.j

post-40098-0-93564100-1368216411_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club