Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Halfrauds

Brigante

I love asking people in PC world a variety of techie questions, then love listening to the answers they spool? I start to confuse them when I start getting into the front side bus speed of the CPU and RAM, and they make up something like "120" on a DDR3... I get more pleasure out of that, and then telling them how they havent a fecking clue, for them to then say "I will leave you to it"...

My other half needed a new headlight bulb the other week, so she nipped into Halfords on the way home from work...one of their (supposedly) trained monkey's saw her struggling with the bulb ('08 Fiesta) and offered to help free (amazing how much the woman gets with a low cut top!!). He couldn't even begin to work out how to do it!!

I only use Halfords if I have too.

A little planning and internet shopping saves a fortune!

Halfords staff are not trained in any way shape or form on how to fit hardware, they come out and guess with you! they need manuals and all the rest of it, some have a rough idea cos they struggles with a few others before, but none of them know exactly how to do even 2% of the brands and models out there!

I guessed that much when he apparently asked her how to pop the bonnet :lol:

I wish I was there!!

Still, at least it was nice of him to offer for free...even if he was just looking at her !Removed! :P

what a crude suggestion :p

309995_447837035307097_993427374_n.jpg

:D :D :D

thats about right mate

I wouldn't trust them to fit their thumbs up their backsides tbh.

309995_447837035307097_993427374_n.jpg

:D :D :D

She only came in for a new pair of Wiper Blades......

this is why i didnt let them change my sisters Wiper Blades..

this is why i didnt let them change my sisters wiper blades..

Even those idiots couldn't make Wiper Blades burst into flames--------------or could they???

They have good offers on screen wash and car cleaning stuff that's about it well that's all I will use them for

My son just went to buy some wipers today, they only had one set leftdespite the computersaying 3 in stock and they were in the storeroom, when he got them home they were broken, he took them back and they tried to tell him he must have broken them, cheeky bleeders. He did get his money back in then end.

• 10 months later...

Don't mean to rub this in but since my massive absence I now work at a car parts distributor and get staff discount from trade price items :)

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

is it any coincidence that i have seen a huge rise in badly fitted headlight bulbs since Halfords started offering a fitting service..............nah, i didnt think so either :)

im amazed at the number of people that dont bother going back to get a refund once i tell them i need to fit the bulbs correctly....

is it any coincidence that i have seen a huge rise in badly fitted headlight bulbs since Halfords started offering a fitting service..............nah, i didnt think so either :)

im amazed at the number of people that dont bother going back to get a refund once i tell them i need to fit the bulbs correctly....

:lol:

I'm more amazed at the amount of people who can't fit a headlight bulb, I mean if Halfords can fit a bulb anyone can!

• Like 1

"I mean if Halfords can fit a bulb anyone can!"

but they cant though:)

in recent years, fitting these bulbs are getting more and more involved, i'm often gobsmacked with the stupidity of the design that turns what should be a quick and straightforward task into a major drama

Well I will rephrase that.. They can stuck a bulb inside the headlight and fit the electrical connector. The headlight aim may be completely off and the headlamp cover may be missing!

Yeah it's getting stupid now on modern cars

If they get their way they'd make them a sealed unit and if a bulb blows, new headlamp lol. I seriously have to stop giving them ideas...

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

One of the bulbs in my brothers Co**a, requires half the bumper undone and the inner arch removed. You then have to bend the bumper and wing apart to get your hand in. Vauxhall quoted £100 to change it.....

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Might as well crash it and write it off, the excess would be cheaper plus you could get another car!

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

He's not far from that point.....

He bought it brand spanking, 13k odd. And of course, bulbs aren't under warranty. String of problems as long as my arm.

Shame really. His first new car and he hates it.

He's not far from that point.....

He bought it brand spanking, 13k odd. And of course, bulbs aren't under warranty. String of problems as long as my arm.

Shame really. His first new car and he hates it.

Thats what he gets for buying a va****ll haha :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Harsh.... but probably true....

• Like 1