Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Bagpuss12

Can These Be Reattached And If So, How??

7 posts in this topic

My wife has a 2003 Ford FIesta 1.4i Ghia. She is experiencing an issue with the black plastic strips that are fitted between the door pillars separating the F/O/S and R/O/S doors. They have come unstuck and now flap like nothing in the wind when on the motorway. I went to Ford who stated that these cannot be repaired and need to be replaced in their entirety?

Is there a way to repair these before they snap off completely?

You could use some 3M double sided tape and some No-Nails .

When they break the tabs fail which they are clipped in by then the sealant starts to break down , if you looking for a cheap fix then go for the 3M and sealant.

They're not too expensive to replace though

Better just to replace them mate it tried glueing mine back on with platic glue which is good stuff I use for my work and they just came off again. Cheap enough to replace and you can easily fit the New ones yourself

Does this part come with the required attachement bits or are these just the replacement pillars? My pillars are ok just need sticking back on?

Those ones will just clip right on

They're usually clip on.