Photo
- - - - -

Upgraded Usb Bluetooth Module - Enable A2Dp Bluetooth Audio?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davespeak85

davespeak85

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

I've found these forums to be a wealth of information on this topic.  My Fiesta Titanium (58 plate) came with the USB/Bluetooth module from the factory.

The module fitted in the car was 8M5T-19C112-AK - one of the older Nokia ones.  This didn't support bluetooth streaming which is something I wanted.  I ran the USB update, aware that I needed an "AM" onwards module to get the streaming working correctly through the menu.  I could get it working using the VC though - External Device > Bluetooth > Play command.  Obviously nothing displayed, and I couldn't use the steering controls but it played.

I took it to a Ford dealer to ask for any display/radio updates to be done on IDS.  They charged me £40 and told me that the audio was already up to date.  Presumably they just meant the USB update which I had already done.

So I went to buy a Novero AU7T-19C112-AT (FINIS:1754709) the newest module with the older proprietary connector.  Now after installing it and again upgrading the software, I still do not have the Bluetooth Audio option in the Aux menu.   Is there a display update that is holding me back?  ETIS already shows I have iPod/USB/VC.  Did the dealer just fob me off?  They didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 iNath

iNath

Skoda Driver

• Super Mod
  • 3,434 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Frozen White Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

I've recently attempted this upgrade on a 2009 Fiesta with the same results as you (no Bluetooth streaming audio)
Believe the software might be on the stereo (CD player) so was going to look at replacing that but need to find a compatible one first.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users