Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Nathan_M

Time To Get Geeky.

5 posts in this topic

Im going to throw this out and see if i get a bite, does anybody know how to identify the origins of where the engine was built, i know the car was built at the neihl plant, im just curious as to where the little motor came from, i saw a post on an american site which details using codes on one of the id plates but the key didnt tally with european cars.

Thanks.

Are you looking at the ID plate of the car or the engine?

I have often looked for the engine plate, but not found it on my last two cars.

If Wikipedia is to be believed it says the Duratec engines are built in Bridgend in Wales

My Ecoboost has a sticker on top from the Cologne plant, engine was built a month before the car

If Wikipedia is to be believed it says the Duratec engines are built in Bridgend in Wales

My Ecoboost has a sticker on top from the Cologne plant, engine was built a month before the car

Indeed they are built in Bridgend :D not all of them though. My friends husband assembles the engines there.

They also do jaguar in the same factory