Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reasons to order!

JAR897

Hey.

So I've got the spec as your probably sick of hearing (going with sea gray!).

Now I need to convince my rents that its a good idea to order the car ASAP.

The car is supposed to be for my 21st Birthday (February 2010) but obviously its a 3 month waiting list ;) so my mom wants to order it November time.

My dad is being a little more lenient, saying that we should have the car before christmas 09/10.

I have already told them about the price increase in April and the upcoming one in June too ;);), so my dad says order it some time before June.

Basically I need help / reasons / leverage to get them to order the car as soon as possible. It doesn't even have to be the truth, so long as I can get away with the little white lies which will get me the car quicker.

IDEAS?

p.s. I know I'm inpatient and a spoilt brat.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JAR897

• johnnymac16

• RIIIDAA

• shabazmo

whats the rush in ordering, i wouldnt bother til u can actually drive it on ur bday, it will just !Removed! u of that u got a brand new car sitting there, getting older tht u wont drive... order next year, or later this year... i wouldnt worry about the increases in price, thats life. oh and u r a impatient soilt brat

lol haha

Personally I would wait. You might get a great second hand deal in Feb, but more important Ford will have modified the car by then and rectified all the problems of a new car. But then I suppose your heart rules your head.

What happened to White! Come on tell us the logic behind the colour change.

Good grief, if your parents are generous enough to buy you a new car, just wait. No doubt if they bought you it now you would still expect a further present in Feb 2010! Spoiled brat indeed lol

Only kidding... I guess I could wait. But I would love to have it by July 09. I can swap my insurance over so as soon as It arives I can drive it so no problems with waiting to be able to drive it.

Also I see your point of view with ford ironing out issues with the car, but I can't see that happening before next year anyway. Plus there arn't many at the moment are there? LOL - The only problems I could comment on are the not-fully-foldable-rear-seats. Some reviews comment on 'flimsy door handles' too, but I tested them today and they seem as solid as most.

Concerning the 'getting it now, wanting something else in feb' I tend to disagree. My mom seems to think that way too, but I got a PS3 early for christmas because it was on sale, and I never regretted it one bit. Christmas day was just as fun. All be it the same with birthdays... I am impatient because my folks spoil me as an only child - so its their own fault.

Based on what my mom and dad said in the most recent board meeting (i.e. phone call) I will be ordering it some time after my exams end in June, making a delivery date of August/October. Then there is only a few months until my actual birthday.

All being well I can convince my folks to buy me the scuff plates and pedals for christmas too.. although I'm concidering ordering those now and taking them home to my perants simply for a joke. lol.

To update... The choice for sea gray as opposed to white is that I think white may be a bit of a flash in the pan - I.e. a phase thing.

Sea Gray is a much more executive colour.. and apparently looks wicked with the body kit too.

White is very mice, but seems a little bland. Sea Gray seems to have more depth. It also has a better re-sale - White generally holds 45% of its original value over 3 years, where as Sea Gray holds 55% over 3 years.

It also makes the car look larger, and brings out the chrome alot more.

To boot, it is only available on Zetec S or Titanium models... so it's a more limited edition colour?! I've always wanted a black car too! (but not too black.. lol).

SO yea thats the reason for the colour choice, but there is plenty of time for you guys to convince me otherwise?

back on white... good job I havn't ordered yet. Could take me until my birthday to decide on a colour!??!?

ARGH this is driving me insane!

UPDATE UPDATE!

Father has said he isn't against ordering in the next month - As money in the bank is hardly making any profit anyway... He is going to try and talk my mom around this week and I'm going to shop around to get the best deal!

WHOOO! I'm a very happy boy right now.

Not a windup merchent.. defo back on the white... Iv'e seen the recently added pictures of the Sea Gray with body kit, and its very nice but a little dull for me (that said I'm a big poser!)

White seems the way to go, despite the depreciation factor and everything else!

Reason to order: to stop you nagging them

Reason to wait: reports of transmission whine

Wait a minute. You are studying for exams. Its simple. NO PASS NO CAR. On your bike and get studying! At least that what I would be telling my kids.

What are you studying for?

Reason to order: to stop you nagging them

Reason to wait: reports of transmission whine

Yes it will stop me nagging both my folks and you guys on here. lol.

As for the transmission whine, there was a similar issue with the mark 4, and it took ford over 2 years (when the face lift took place) to fix it. Even if a new and more efficient ford were to address a possible tranmission whine it would most probably be after February next year anyway.

sorry If i keep annoying people btw.

I'm currently at Nottingham University studying my second year of Software Engineering (Computer Science). I got a first in my first year and am aiming at getting a decent mark this year too. I don't generally get rewards for passing exams etc as I don't believe that I should grow up requiring intensives to do well. A little hypocritical considering i'm moaning about the car so much lol.

Defo going with white.

i think we will have to see it to believe it... u getting the car that is....

I will find out tomorrow how my dad got on trying to convince my mom. I'm going to go ahead and get some good quotes anyway.

I will find out tomorrow how my dad got on trying to convince my mom. I'm going to go ahead and get some good quotes anyway.

Are you American?

I nearly replied earlier then thought maybe it was just me that had made an opinion...but others have said the same.

Surely, if your Mum and Dad are buying you a new car you can wait? Also, I find it completely wrong you are asking us to make up lies so you can get it sooner! Thats hardly appreciation for them buying you a new car is it now?

And I dont think you being spoilt is all to do with you being an only child. I'm an only child and appreciate everything I have, I am paying for my car myself.

I'd appreciate what you do have. Others in the world are a lot less fortunate.

I wasn't specifically asking for you to make up lies... I was looking for reasons to order now. That was the point of the topic, so sorry if its been misconstrued. Also the whole spoilt thing was meant as a bit off a joke, clearly its not been viewed that way.

What makes me European or !Removed! may I ask?

noope. why?

You wrote 'Mom' - over here it's 'Mum'

Hence my asking you if you were American, good job you aren't other wise the Fiesta would be a tad small for you! :lol:

cos ur not american... lol its a laugh... i think it would be funny, if u dnt end up gettin the car... or just get the 1st style model lol