Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello And .......help....lol

mondeotdci130

A week ago whilst driving/pulling out of a junction my coil light started flashing and i went limp

got home, turned engine off and back on.....fault gone

since then i get the flashing light on but after 2 miles i can stop/start and carry on with no problem, i drive 100 miles a day, 6 days a week

ive no smoke of any kind (except a bit under throttle - typical EGR valve)

ive changed the fuel filter, cleaned the MAF, cleaned out the EGR (which i had ri=un blanked off for 9 months)

the cars done 170K (1ook of which ive done)

apart from the first 2 miles im getting good performance and 50mpg

any ideas?

i suspect the turbo actuator as once the arm is bolt upright after starting i get no problem but 1st start of a day the arm settle back a fraction

cheers

PS ive just got a Super-F lead and cd so i can read the errors codes soon

ur not gonna know til you get codes read.cant see it being egr related tho as that shouldnt give you a flashing light,only a MIL light

your egr is maybe stuck. the 1328 code is a bit more daunting.maybe your injectors

what software is that?formidable? what cable can be used with it?elm?looks like your egr isnt opening at all if your cars idling(0mm).#

16kpa for map seems low also,no?(100 kpa in 1 bar i think)

• 3 weeks later...

Did you take the EGR blanking plate off? best to stick it back on (solid, stainless steel plate)

The EGR wont open under nil load anyway (car was at standstill), as with finding a split EGR pipe, you can rev it when not moving but drive it and the pipe comes under pressure

The fault is "Sticky variable vanes" i popped the turbo-actuator arm off and its very stiff, whacking it to/fro and spraying oil down the arm almost makes it OK

in garage on thursday for turbo decoke and im handing them an Innotec kit to use too

some use Mr Muscle!

http://www.talkford.com/topic/215546-turbo-housing-mod-for-p132b-fault/

The EGR wont open under nil load anyway (car was at standstill), as with finding a split EGR pipe, you can rev it when not moving but drive it and the pipe comes under pressure

Best to blank the EGR valve anyway (solid, stainless steel plate) one less thing to go wrong/ will stop the inlet mnifold being contaminated etc etc

Yes, the variable vanes get coked up and are a common problem on these cars, if the engine is producing extra smoke/ carbon, the vanes can get coked up quicker (for example if you run the car with the EGR unblanked)

Problem is the MOT tests will soon take an EML as an instant fail, so sooner or later you have to run the EGR working, if its been non-working and blanked for a year it needs a few hundred miles just to blow the cobwebs out although i van no clear rhe EML light with the Formidable

Problem is the MOT tests will soon take an EML as an instant fail, so sooner or later you have to run the EGR working, if its been non-working and blanked for a year it needs a few hundred miles just to blow the cobwebs out although i van no clear rhe EML light with the Formidable

I presume you mean "i plan to clear the EML light with the Formidable" on the last part of your post?

the EGR does not need a few hundred miles to "blow the cobwebs out" every second the EGR is unblanked it is contaminating the inlet manifold etc, so the reverse is true

Yes, the UK MOT will fail a car with the EML on now, but thats just the day of the test (not the day before, or the day after)

The EML coming on seems to be a problem for the euro4 Mondeos, and not euro4 Focuses or any euro3 Ford (diesels)

Is your EGR still blanked now? / if so, how long was it unblanked?

The egr WILL open when cars at standstill at idle by the way. Formidable needs fsuper cable to work properly. If u have elm cable try pcmscan-really good prog,& its there to be found for free if you look online

I presume you mean "i plan to clear the EML light with the Formidable" on the last part of your post?

IF ITS BEEN BLANKED AND I HAVE AN EML ON

the EGR does not need a few hundred miles to "blow the cobwebs out"
every second the EGR is unblanked it is contaminating the inlet manifold
etc, so the reverse is true

THE PIPE FROM THE TURBO MUST GET INPUT EVEN WHEN BLANKED, SO IT NEEDS TO CLEAR THAT CRAP

Yes, the UK MOT will fail a car with the EML on now, but thats just the day of the test (not the day before, or the day after)

THE EML ISNT A FAIL YET BUT SOON WILL BE

The EML coming on seems to be a problem for the euro4 Mondeos, and not euro4 Focuses or any euro3 Ford (diesels)

DIFFERENT ENGINES, DIFFERENT EGR

Is your EGR still blanked now? / if so, how long was it unblanked?

BLANKED 18 MONTHS, UNBLANKED 2 WEEKS

i CAN PULL THE VACUUM PIPE OFF IN SECONDS TO PROVE THE EGR

IVE CHANGED CAM SENSORS, CLEANED THE MAF SENSOR, NEW FILTERS, AND RUN IT IN MY TENURE FOR 100,000 MILES, ITS HAD DMF/CLUTCH/STARTER/AUX BELT+TENSIONER, WATER PUMP, AND MANY SUSPENSION BITS DUE TO POOR ROADS (IN GENERAL)

ITS HAD AN INJECTOR KNOCK AT JUST THE LOADING POINT (AS PULLING AWAY) WHICH DIMINISHES IF I PUT FORTE DIESEL TREATMENT IN, IVE FILLED UP WITH Shell NITRO AND ADDED MILLERS THIS TIME

COST ME £4250 TO BUY, ABOUT £2000 TO KEEP RUNNING, WORTH ABOUT £1750 NOW, ON 170,000 COUNCIL WONT LET ME PLATE IT AFTER 200k

The EML was on due to the blanked EGR, after 10 miles unblanked it goes off anyway but ive also cleared the code (for EGR) using the F super 150

good good. I have a good few apps on my iPhone that can be used with elm327 bluetooth nowadays. got em free from appcake as well. now that the famous roqybt4 bluetooth programme has appeared online(for nothing if u know where to look).

I have Rev,Dashcommand etc. theyre quite good apps!(ALL FREE!!LOL)

I just throw my bluetooth elm327 into glove compartment,when i need it,plug it in,start roqybt4 app,then start dashcommand,& clear codes etc till my hearts content. gives info on PID's & live data etc.(like it a lot)

Did you ever get to the bottom of the limp mode?

99% certain its the variable vane unit (in the centre of the turbo)

the arm from it to the actuator should be free and floppy, its sticky and rough

sprayed loads of penetrating oil down it, waggled it for 20 minutes and it was ok - for a while

filled with Shell nitro+millers and yesterday it started up (no coil light/no limp) did 8 miles full welly, no probs

its in the garage for a turbo decoke today

cheers

Nice one, might mention that to the garage when i go on monday because mine has the same issue

Is that because of the age of my car? So your fix wont fix mine then

Mine...

Happened when i first bought the car, gave it a boot and it went into limp mode, took it back to where i bought it and ran a diag on it whereby it didnt actually go into limp mode but said there was a fuelling issue so they replaced the fuel filter.

Didnt happen again for a week then happened again when i was in outside lane of dual carriageway, put my foot down in 6th cos a car was zooming up my rear, straight into limp mode, had to pull onto hard shoulder

had another diag done, said something about the fuel rail? not sure what he said because i was actually in the garage for my temp issue so a wasnt listening lol

First diag had about 6 or 7 things that came up, one was a fault where it was saying my tank was empty so no fuel to engine, no injector faults tho.

Ive heard this issue is quite common and there is no one fix for it, trial and error i suppose but i love the car so i shall put up with it for now

get a reader, £20 for f super if you have a laptop

did they tell you the codes?

you wont have the electronic actuator but but you will still have the vanes, you have a vacuum actuator

and you have a non-sensor EGR so blank it off....

Aye but i didnt make a note of them, there were two, how do you use these reader things? I take it you can get em on eBay

yep

if you have a laptop

comes with software, i diagnostic costs £40 plus vat so your quids in

yours is a Tdci not a Tddi? a 53 tdci may have less functions and a Tddi has no injector codes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club