Photo

Guide: Fitting Ford Rs Led Rear Light Units Focus Mk2.5

led tail light focus led rs tail focus rs tail lights focus premium tail lights ST3 tail light focus rs light focus tail light led

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 troy45

troy45

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,141 posts
  • Name: Troy
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2010

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

It's not completely LED - the tail lamp is but you have coloured bulbs for brake lights and indicators.

It's possible to get silver effect indicator bulbs (offset pins) but not many options for upgrading the brake light bulbs as they're a rare style of fitment - offset and staggered pins.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 mercman02

mercman02

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Glyn
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 tdci zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

Is there any way to splice my original mk2.5 cables that go to the side/brake light and then attach the side light cable to the led of the new st light, then making the original cable now just a brake light. This is because i have been told by the seller that the led is built into the new st cluster?. The Indicator light can just be left as is?.This way would make it more affordable to me.

#18 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,755 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

Is there any way to splice my original mk2.5 cables that go to the side/brake light and then attach the side light cable to the led of the new st light, then making the original cable now just a brake light. This is because i have been told by the seller that the led is built into the new st cluster?. The Indicator light can just be left as is?.This way would make it more affordable to me.

Not possible mate the led have moulded sockets built in to the units,
The looms have brown cables with specific plugs which connect to the sockets,
Sorry ford haven't made things simple

#19 mercman02

mercman02

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Glyn
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 tdci zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for that mate, will have to save up abit more money before i decide to get them or put the leds into my original clusters

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: led tail light, focus, led rs tail, focus rs tail lights, focus premium tail lights, ST3 tail light, focus rs light, focus tail light led

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users