AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

AlanLush

Focus Diesel Rattleing Noise From Top End

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

A friend of mine has got a 2001 Focus 1.8 diesel and it is making a rattling noise from the top end it sounds like. When the engine is hot the rattling will go away. Can anyone tell me please what the problem may be?

Alan

"Can anyone tell me please what the problem may be?"

Yes. It's a ford diesel!...sorry couldn't resist!!! :lol:

I thought this was a forum for advice on cars not for clowns!! I know its a diesel and the noise they make, but the noise is louder than it normally would be. I think I will go elsewhere for advise. Sad idiots.

I thought this was a forum for advice on cars not for clowns!! I know its a diesel and the noise they make, but the noise is louder than it normally would be. I think I will go elsewhere for advise. Sad idiots.

guilty as charged, i'm a "sad idiot", but at least im a sad idiot with a sense of humour!

Its common knowledge (at least i thought it was) that Ford diesels are noisierr than most.

Perhaps you could post up a sound clip so we could all have a listen?

Maybe had he posted a soundfile or explained it better rather than " a rattling sound!"

If he thinks Fords are noisy he should listen to a peugeot diesel, they sound like a bag of bolts on a good day!

Some engines are just noisier than others, it doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with it.