Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone Connection Cable - Do I Actually Need It?

iNVADER84

I was using bluetooth connection initially but preferred the idea of a plug in connection (as the iPhone battery life is rather pap) so went with the dealer recommendation and found the connection kit (£5 on amazon)...however, plugging the iPhone in with the normal cable seemed to work and give me the stuff I needed...

Is there any difference between the connection kit and the standard cable? What's with the aux connection?

On some radios the Y cable was needed for correct functionality of the sound and control interfaces.

After a firmware update released by Ford the Y cable became obsolete but they can be a bit slack at making sure all their radios are correctly updated.

it would seem that yours has the update so your standard USB to phone cable will do the job by itself.

Thanks for the info :-) could've saved a few pennies but for £5 I'm not too fussed (maybe a little). I am also assuming that calls are still handled by the car through the single USB cable connection? I haven't tried it.