Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can The Ford Ls Rns Sat Nav Unit Support A Reverse Camera?

Italiandave

Hi,

As per title can they?

Also will I need to plug a ford diagnostic device into my car if I add one of these units?

Struggling to find a silver sat nav unit to fit into my wife's kuga

Thanks

Only the version that came with the camera from the factory - there is one with and one without the video input (Fakra coax). The correct one will have 2 Fakra coax connectors on the back (radio aerial and video). Shape and colour wise there are also different versions - you'll need the rectangular one in silver. Not "island" (round) and grey (asphalt).

The diagnostic computer may be necessary to get the turn-by-turn icons onto the cluster (if it is the one with the "large" display (as available in the Kuga ...)).

Wow, thanks for the reply...

Any pictures as I have no idea what are fakras lol

1.jpg

And while looking I saw that I got somewhat confused with the touchscreen sat nav. The FX/LSRNS has one Fakra for the camera, one for GPS, and one ISO connector for the aerial.

7620900241_2.jpg

That's the back of one without the camera input - it goes where the "blank" sits on top of the 2 coax connectors.

So Tom, the back of the stereo needs 2 of these?

Are there certain model numbers or just check there are 2 of these inputs?

Where's the blank part???

Sorry I'm useless with ice,

The one whole that does not have a connector, above and between the ISO and Fakra on the picture. This is where the video Fakra would be on a correct unit. It will have a unique part numner, I just don't know it (and looking for the connector will be safer, as esp. eBay sellers tend to err ...).

Last question, do you then buy a fakra to RCA lead off eBay?

Couldn't you buy a single fakra to double fakra lead if your unit only has one? Or is it a totally different input

Thanks

Why would you connect a camera to an aerial input?? Of cause you need the unit with the correct inputs. The one without the video Fakra does not have any means to connect an external video device.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club