Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta - Radio Not Turning On Automatically?

Boggsy

Hi all

Just taken delivery of my new Ford Fiesta Titanium.

So far, loving it. However, I notice that the radio does not switch on automatically when the ignition is turned on. I have to turn it on manually. Also, when the ignition is turned off, the radio does not go off automatically, it needs to be turned off manually.

Is this normal behaviour? I can't find anything in the owners manual about it.

Cheers

Ian

If the new Fiesta stereo is the same as the Focus (which I believe it is) what probably happened is when you turned off the ignition and removed your key the stereo kept playing so you manually turned it off, similarly when you got back in because you manually turned it off it didn't come back on until you pressed the button.

What you will find is that the radio switches itself off only when you open the door. If you let it turn itself off this way it will turn back on next time you start the ignition.

• Like 2

If the new Fiesta stereo is the same as the Focus (which I believe it is) what probably happened is when you turned off the ignition and removed your key the stereo kept playing so you manually turned it off, similarly when you got back in because you manually turned it off it didn't come back on until you pressed the button.

What you will find is that the radio switches itself off only when you open the door. If you let it turn itself off this way it will turn back on next time you start the ignition.

Aha! Thank you. It was blowing a gale so I didn't open the door lol

That explains it.

• 4 months later...

just had the same happen to my new fiesta I picked up on Saturday so thanks iNath! Great forum this. Finding it very useful!

• Like 1

just had the same happen to my new fiesta I picked up on Saturday so thanks iNath! Great forum this. Finding it very useful!

You're welcome :)