Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

Received my new machine polishing pads :D

Off all next week and the weather forecast looks great so I'm gonna clay, buff and rewax the car and remove some swirl marks that were there from collection at fords.

Send a picture once all done and looking amazing. We have a forecast that involves no rain so think I may clean mine also. £150 for a full system at that price I'm in haha not bad at all. I was looking into the mountune upgrade 140ps and also 155ps worth the money or?

The £150 was a special deal as i'm offering my car as a test dummy, saying that 20-25% off is a massive saving so get your name down on the list if your interested.

As for the mountune, they are good and the biggest benefit is it didn't effect your warranty, as you are outside warranty period i would consider your options.

MR155 £1745 Including VAT plus 7 hours labour (not a clue on price here but at £50 p/h thats another £350) - £2095

Alternatively

J1 induction Circa £200 5-10 bhp

Superchips bluefin circa £300 +13bhp 16nm

Mongoose Full system exhaust (manifold back) Circa £800-£900 with the 20-25% discount

£1400ish quid there leaves you £750 to buy lowering kit or big brake kits...

• Like 1

taken all the doors off, windscreen out and de rusted round where the windscreen was. Rust treated and primed it

You know your stuff I need to get a full pricing for what I want and then get all the cash together

Snow foamed and washed the car today followed by a quick clay bar and then taped the car up ready for the machine polishing tomorrow.

Hoping to have some High def pics taken after I have had the exhaust done later this week.

post-41938-0-28466500-1370201665_thumb.j

post-41938-0-13671000-1370201723_thumb.j

I got new 3-tonne axel stands, jacked the car up and fitted a Jaguar - x type rear bottom engine mount (the old one was worn out) no "clicking" going into reverse/ forward, gearchange is slicker and no "death rattle" when i stop the engine, the new mount probably takes a few nano-seconds off the 0-60 and i read that a good mount helps the MPG

Its from a petrol X-type, so it's supposed to be stiffer than a diesel one (bought it cheap on eBay, a "steal" at £20) the diesel is supposed to require a more compliant ("squidgier"?) mount, because of the vibration of the diesel engine, and the petrol (v6) gets a stiffer (more ridgid) one because the engine is smoother, and the stiffer mount transmits the torque reaction of the engine more efficiently

The stiffer (for petrol engines) mount is a lot more refined than the old (kaput) diesel one though

Machine polished the whole car today, finished by applying megs #7 show glaze, just need to rewax in the morning and will post up pics!

Washed mine with some good ole Aldi shampoo :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Received my wing mirrors yesterday so have sprayed panther black and gloss top coat, should be able to fit when I get my car back from the mongoose install and Collins performance dyno run (maybe with a remap if I'm in luck)

Fitted the black mirror caps whilst waiting around at Collins Perormance, and picked car up with new exhaust :D

post-41938-0-35626200-1371904607_thumb.j

Another shot of the mirror caps, can't wait for a remap now :D

post-41938-0-36277500-1371904418_thumb.j

I polished one panel and gave up, I really cannot be bothered shifting a car full of tar.

Can't do anything to my car as it's parked in the Station garage until I finish my G8 duties on monday.

Nice drive down from Liverpool docks in a Transit van and back home for teatime :d

I polished one panel and gave up, I really cannot be bothered shifting a car full of tar.

Do you have tar & glue remover - it comes off easy with that

I have Autoglym super resin polish left over, I haven't tried much else just yet :P I'll find something for this week to keep me busy getting it all off OCD style.

I have Autoglym super resin polish left over, I haven't tried much else just yet :P I'll find something for this week to keep me busy getting it all off OCD style.

Valeters use tar & glue remover - worth getting some if tar is a problem - it will save you a lot of time / hassle - keep it off plastic trim though

I agree with the Tar an Glue remover, it's really rather good when you don't have a proper wax coat.

A good snow foam wash helps to breakup and remove a lot of the tar .

filled it up and cleaned the rims. =)

Got back after a long drive from Liverpool to find my car smothered in pidgeon !Removed!.

Damned things are nesting in the roof of the garage and decided my car was fair game.

After a week and a half of baking on it was a swine to remove.

Lovely day today so gave the car a good clean. Took these photos with my iPad (apologies for the iffy number plate editing).

image_zps72340e60.jpg

image_zps79a33a4d.jpg

image_zps866a9a87.jpg

image_zps7fb3f04f.jpg

While the pics of your car look amazing they also make me feel a little :angry: because on the ZS the lower grille and fog lights surround look gloss black, Im awaiting an ST and the bottom grille and fog light surrounds on that look like the cheapy matt black plastic... :(

I prefer the ST grille, it looks so much better. The bottom half of the ZS grille is filled in solid :@

The bottom half of the ZS grille is filled in solid :@

ST grille is also half filled.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club