Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

Really? Didn't look it from the pictures, I may well be wrong then. I'll have another look later :)

Ah thanks for clearing that up, maybe it's to stop things hitting the radiator then? I'd much prefer it if it was not filled in though

Replaced all bulbs with pure Xenon upgrade bulbs, except for the full beam since its the H15 with the day running light. But have super whites in the sidelight and they look awesome!

Gone too are the amber indicators in the front and the side repeaters, sides now have led's, but i am chewing over ideas to rid the car of the H15 55w high beam/15w day running lights.

One thing is for sure, no more yellow from the fogs or the dipped beam, and at a 'fraction' of the price to all the Osram, phillips and other over priced bulbs...

Ah thanks for clearing that up, maybe it's to stop things hitting the radiator then? I'd much prefer it if it was not filled in though

Its for aerodynamic reasons, at speed the less air going into the engine bay the better (for drag/ top speed and economy) this is balanced against the need for cooling - hence "active" grilles that open at low speeds (for cooling) and close at higher speed (for aerodynamics) the "fake" grille is for styling/ apperance reasons

Ford active grille shutter system -

http://www.ford.busseys.co.uk/Active_aerodynamics_help_new_Ford_Mondeo_save_fuel.html

The £150 was a special deal as i'm offering my car as a test dummy, saying that 20-25% off is a massive saving so get your name down on the list if your interested.

As for the mountune, they are good and the biggest benefit is it didn't effect your warranty, as you are outside warranty period i would consider your options.

MR155 £1745 Including VAT plus 7 hours labour (not a clue on price here but at £50 p/h thats another £350) - £2095

Alternatively

J1 induction Circa £200 5-10 bhp

Superchips bluefin circa £300 +13bhp 16nm

Mongoose Full system exhaust (manifold back) Circa £800-£900 with the 20-25% discount

£1400ish quid there leaves you £750 to buy lowering kit or big brake kits...

Sent an email to J1 automotive and it turns out their current fiesta k7 induction kit will not fit the ST :( but they said they are hoping to be bringing one out soon!!

I agree with the Tar an Glue remover, it's really rather good when you don't have a proper wax coat.

A good snow foam wash helps to breakup and remove a lot of the tar .

how does the snow foam work? looks amazing! Is it expensive? always taken my car to the hand car wash but I think with the new st Im going to do it myself and wax it etc (which i have never done before :wacko:) any tips? Also whats good for the tyre shine at the end? i know its not to everyone else's taste but I love having shiny tyres after a car wash!!

Snow foams initial outlay is expensive circa £45 for the lance and £15-£25 for 5ltrs of foam, however you only need 50-100ml per wash so it last a while...

Regarding tyre shine I use the pro valet stuff, paints on with a brush but lasts for weeks and give no overspray provided you leave it a few hours before driving.

Cleanyourcarcar.co.uk is a great site for all your detailing needs.

1st recommendation is always snowfoam (removes 30-70% of dirt and grit dependent on quality of wax coat)

2nd 2 bucket wash method (reduces swirl marks inflicted during wash stage)

3rd dodo juice supernatural wash mitt (reduces swirls during wash stage - use separate mitt for underbody and alloys)

4th collonite 845 wax (epic beading and 6 months + protection)

Gtechniq c5 alloy sealant (6-12 months protection, makes cleaning much easier too)

regarding snowfoam i found this: i don't have the possibility to use a hose...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/mesto-8-l-foamer-pressure-sprayer-cat2.html

anyone know anything about this? i will post a thread on this

Snow foams initial outlay is expensive circa £45 for the lance and £15-£25 for 5ltrs of foam, however you only need 50-100ml per wash so it last a while...

Regarding tyre shine I use the pro valet stuff, paints on with a brush but lasts for weeks and give no overspray provided you leave it a few hours before driving.

Cleanyourcarcar.co.uk is a great site for all your detailing needs.

1st recommendation is always snowfoam (removes 30-70% of dirt and grit dependent on quality of wax coat)

2nd 2 bucket wash method (reduces swirl marks inflicted during wash stage)

3rd dodo juice supernatural wash mitt (reduces swirls during wash stage - use separate mitt for underbody and alloys)

4th collonite 845 wax (epic beading and 6 months + protection)

Gtechniq c5 alloy sealant (6-12 months protection, makes cleaning much easier too)

Thanks for all the info, just spent the eve "bookmarking" all the things i "intend" to buy! I want my ST to shine wherever she is seen...when I get her...eventually!!

Put the 'under dash' ambient lighting in my ZS. Photos not great, but it shows it working :)

photo-172.jpg

Torn the front bumper clean off my ST, the first time it's ever been properly driven :D

How many points do I get? :P

Put the 'under dash' ambient lighting in my ZS. Photos not great, but it shows it working :)photo-172.jpg

Was this just plug and play? Do I need anything else?

If not have you got a link to where you got this?

How'd you do that?

Decided to let the yobbo within out on the car park, didn't see the security barrier cover sticking up still and it decided to take my bumper off >.< luckily no real damage, minus a smooshed bumper, fog lights in tact and such, bit of a scraped undertray but they get that for fun.

Torn the front bumper clean off my ST, the first time it's ever been properly driven :D

How many points do I get?

3 points and a £40 fine - if Stoney had seen you! :lol:

3 points and a £40 fine - if Stoney had seen you! :lol:

Pft, it was private land!

Was this just plug and play? Do I need anything else?

If not have you got a link to where you got this?

Yes, plug & play :)

I located the plug behind the dash, plugged 1 end of the supplied connecter into that & the other into the ambient lighting strip. & that was that.

Links below, not sure if it'll work.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/160_162/products_id/1027/osCsid/f0vm0117dfh6bnkglo41ifdnt7

i was going to order this but was not sure it would work, good to know. Do you have a picture of where that plug is in the caR? i looked for it but didn't find it;

i was going to order this but was not sure it would work, good to know. Do you have a picture of where that plug is in the caR? i looked for it but didn't find it;

Its a bit awkward to find, but If you drop the glovebox & feel along to the left from the glovebox light plug, you will feel/find a similar sized plug that's pushed into a recess. I shined a tourch up there & used my i phone camera to locate it. Another way is to follow the glovebox wires back till you find another lead, follow it to the left (as you look at it) & it will take you to the plug. All you have to do when you've located it is pull it out from the recess..

Be careful when connecting the light strip itself to the supplied plug, as it fits one way & locks in, making removal again very awkward. It's a small plug with 2 very thin wires, I think they were blue & white.

If you don't find it after all my waffling, let me know & I'll get a photo :)

NICE thanks ill check tomorrow. i didn't think about using the torch and iPhone with the face camera to see what your looking at... =). I got my head under thre and couldnt understand anything lol.

I think i'm going to buy the engin cover, it looks alot better than the motor

It's easy to miss as it looks like its already plugged into something, but it's just pushed into a blank recess.

Yes, plug & play :)

I located the plug behind the dash, plugged 1 end of the supplied connecter into that & the other into the ambient lighting strip. & that was that.

Links below, not sure if it'll work.http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/160_162/products_id/1027/osCsid/f0vm0117dfh6bnkglo41ifdnt7

Thanks for the link, that seems to be for a left hand drive though, did you install in a right hand drive ok?

Yep, my cars right hand drive & no problem. Maybe they noticed my postal address & sent me one to fit.