Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

Just Give the ST it's first wash :)

post-44689-0-88987600-1373146207_thumb.j

post-44689-0-84280800-1373146216_thumb.j

post-44689-0-19796300-1373146228_thumb.j

post-44689-0-95378000-1373146239_thumb.j

Got my 7.5 ST diffusor delivered from European Parts yesterday, & took it to the bodyshop today for painting. £75 & picking it up Friday morning.

Took my 14 yr old mondy down to a garage to see about having the A/C recharged, the bloke told me it would be doubtful on such an old car, it surprised the hell outta both of us when he found no leaks and the system recharged itself and worked.

It was like driving a fridge on the way home

Having mine re-gassed tomorrow and washed it today so be aware it'll be wet and cold tomorrow.

Reached 1000 miles in the ST!

Been really difficult behaving, but now looking forward to see how it breathes in the upper regions of the rev range :)

luckily the mid range has been entertaining (if thirsty) enough so far

• Like 1

Reached 1000 miles in the ST!

Been really difficult behaving, but now looking forward to see how it breathes in the upper regions of the rev range :)

luckily the mid range has been entertaining (if thirsty) enough so far

let me know how it sounds as i'm only at the 600mile stage :(

Had my aircon regassed, it was nearly bone dry apparently.

The garage also noted that my aircon button didn't seem to be working.

Appears that the blue LED control panel I got off eBay was a faulty one, probably a crossed solder from when they converted it.

I knew the aircon button activation light was at fault but thought the button was still working, apparently not so.

Luckily I still had my old one to hand so had to quickly swap them over just to make sure it was the controls crocked rather than the compressor or aircon clutch.

Thankfully it was the controls at fault, pity too much time has passed to complain to the seller.

May pass the dodgy one to my nieces boyfriend to look at as he's a control engineer and would likely make more sense of any fault than I would.

My car's been sat on the drive for about 2 weeks. Treated it to a wash the other day though!

How often does aircon need to be regassed? I take it it depends how much you use it? Mine's a year old but I've only used it a couple of times (including a 5 hour drive across the country on what was the hottest day of the year so far).

I was recommended every 3 years by the mechanic.

In reality most probably only get it done when they notice it's blowing warm when it should be icy cold.

Even if you don't use it the gas will break down, meaning that no lubrication is in the system and rubber seals will dry out causing leaks.

It's generally recommended to use your aircon once a week to keep the system happy.

How often does aircon need to be regassed? I take it it depends how much you use it? Mine's a year old but I've only used it a couple of times (including a 5 hour drive across the country on what was the hottest day of the year so far).

The garage I used the other day said 2 years to me, but I suppose it depends on where you go as to what they say

Fitted my ST diffuser-

null-11.jpg

Close up of the exhaust-

null-15.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours spent cleaning the car tonight. Pressure washer, wonder wheels, shampoo, drying towel, polish, glass cleaner, tyre shine, vac; All were deployed to get the car into prime condition and what a fine warm evening it was!

image_zpsb97be3b8.jpg

image_zpsaeb19b9a.jpg

image_zps5cf8b6ce.jpg

image_zpsd0ecfd0a.jpg

Changed the indicator bulbs to osram diadème

41CC1971-EC3F-4299-A19A-BBF7E8D7D749-434

920C0FCC-CE89-43C6-A96A-0945E3892042-434

292E9D64-BA51-48C5-AF7A-4EB67D61C1FB-434

The ST defuser looks awesome. What do I have to buy, to fit it to a non ZS like this http://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2013-fiesta/1600x1200/wallpaper_0b.htm without the parking censors ?

I assume http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/160_161/products_id/1488/osCsid/98c3efdb90b8b408a72c430edc5db504 only include the red part.

Kenny-

The parts you need both come together, the primered part will need painting to match your car. I'm not 100% sure about how it would fit at the lower edges, you might have to buy the little add on bits to the lower bumper to make it look tidy & fit properly.

I also had to cut a couple of inches of my exhaust so I could attach the twin tail pipe trim.

I also had to cut a couple of inches of my exhaust so I could attach the twin tail pipe trim.

Can you provide link for the exhaust twin tail pipe you bought?

This is what I used. I got it from Halfords £29. null-16.jpg

This is it on the car looking up from underneath.

null-17.jpg

Just finished driving it on a 553 mile road trip.

IMG_2887_zps4b7dacca.jpg

Although it being the old 4 speed automatic it can sometimes feel like the car's working a little hard at 70mph, but with cruise control on for long distances, (which I haven't done a lot before), it actually cruised along the motorways quite nicely.
...And although my butt went numb a few times it was a good drive for a little car, (especially coupled with that gearbox).
Thumbs up to the little fiesta. :)

IMG_2879_zps428d4877.jpg

IMG_2882_zps156a51b8.jpg

IMG_2834_zpsac9a3573.jpg

This is what I used. I got it from halfords £29.

This is it on the car looking up from underneath.

Except from cutting the part of the pipe, does it need some move left/right/up/down of whole exhaust?

Looking nice and shiny :-)

Also, one of mechanics told me, that adding "weighty" end pipe could require some "hanging/mounting" ?

After trimming back the original exhuast, the tail pipe bolted on & aligned perfectly :)

I couldn't believe it to be honest.

As for 'hangers', there's one directly above it, so I don't envisage any problems with the extra weight. & if there is it won't take much to replace the hanger with a stronger one.

After trimming back the original exhuast, the tail pipe bolted on & aligned perfectly :)

I couldn't believe it to be honest.

As for 'hangers', there's one directly above it, so I don't envisage any problems with the extra weight. & if there is it won't take much to replace the hanger with a stronger one.

:wub: :wub: :wub: going to do the same!

PS. so you did nothing to "hang" new weight, from what I understand?

That's right, in relying on the original hanger to take the extra weight of the tail pipe.

@E5GDM Ohh that's kind of cheep then. I know I'll need som painting.
Will it work without the visible exhaust. As is the left and right side the same or does the right side has a cutout.
​Do you have a pic from underneath that show how much lower the addons are than the org. bumper. I have a 5door so I can't get the side skirts.

EDIT: It's a lot cheaper than the sport diffusor

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club