Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

Used my spastic wheel for the first time in 9 years today.

Getting my alloy repaired after being hit by a scooter.

post-5052-0-81564700-1374187029_thumb.jp

i hope you hit the scooter back after he hit you lol. no pics?

this is what i did today =) paid 15 for them instead of 60 =)

DD42A5E6-FAA3-47D3-8870-0BE0F719EB61-174

18DAF5FC-B0F4-464A-97B5-49F3451D475C-174

639C8A1C-BD04-4652-9D05-D329313E8219-174

BBCA3EFE-F697-4971-BC9C-83EA5DD8ACE3-174

• Like 1

post-5052-0-81564700-1374187029_thumb.jp

Not very exciting and yes I did get him :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well recently ive been very busy -

I rewired my temp/ volt modules so they switch off (they were left on all the time) and reset (without having to "fiddle" with them) when i put the power back on - i had to swop the temp esnder round - one is for volts, one for water temp (for now)

The main switch now turns the volt/ temp modules on and the electronic boost controller - so ive disconnected the torque restrictor defeat switch that was beside the gearstick (only used it for snow/ ice anyway) and hooked the switch up to the boost controller - now i can switch the boost off/ on quickly (without resetting the controller) - by just flicking the switch beside the gearchange - im going to experiment with this by trying a low boost setting in 1st/ and mabee 2nd to help traction (360+Nm is a lot to try to put through the front wheels without any form of traction control)

I finally got my electronic pump controller hooked up - had to make a special adaptor for the temp sender so i can keep my thermostat - its working nicely and should make a big difference - before i had to keep switching the pump off/ on manually - not ideal

Bled the brakes after fitting a new rear caliper - had done the other side last year and have ordered a pair of new handbrake cables - so that will be 2 new(ish on one side) calipers and 2 new cables - hopefully get my handbrake working how it should soon

While i was at it i decided to paint my intercooler brackets - they are B&Q shelf brackets (in white) they were drilled and cut shorter and have been on the car a couple of years - i took them off and q-rusted them, ready for painting (might as well do these little things when the car is not being used)

fitted a new interior door handle - old one had broken - took 2 mins (to my surprise) - rear door cards look a bit rough but i might get a leather interior at some point so don't know if its worth changing them for now, i might fit a set of lightweight racing seats instead - decisions - decisions

• Like 1

Well recently ive been very busy -

I rewired my temp/ volt modules so they switch off (they were left on all the time) and reset (without having to "fiddle" with them) when i put the power back on - i had to swop the temp esnder round - one is for volts, one for water temp (for now)

The main switch now turns the volt/ temp modules on and the electronic boost controller - so ive disconnected the torque restrictor defeat switch that was beside the gearstick (only used it for snow/ ice anyway) and hooked the switch up to the boost controller - now i can switch the boost off/ on quickly (without resetting the controller) - by just flicking the switch beside the gearchange - im going to experiment with this by trying a low boost setting in 1st/ and mabee 2nd to help traction (360+Nm is a lot to try to put through the front wheels without any form of traction control)

I finally got my electronic pump controller hooked up - had to make a special adaptor for the temp sender so i can keep my thermostat - its working nicely and should make a big difference - before i had to keep switching the pump off/ on manually - not ideal

Bled the brakes after fitting a new rear caliper - had done the other side last year and have ordered a pair of new handbrake cables - so that will be 2 new(ish on one side) calipers and 2 new cables - hopefully get my handbrake working how it should soon

While i was at it i decided to paint my intercooler brackets - they are B&Q shelf brackets (in white) they were drilled and cut shorter and have been on the car a couple of years - i took them off and q-rusted them, ready for painting (might as well do these little things when the car is not being used)

fitted a new interior door handle - old one had broken - took 2 mins (to my surprise) - rear door cards look a bit rough but i might get a leather interior at some point so don't know if its worth changing them for now, i might fit a set of lightweight racing seats instead - decisions - decisions

Got out planned for Tomorrow :blink:

• Like 2

Been busy the last few weeks, studying for the eltricians course exams...

But changed the orange indicator bulbs up front, LED side repeaters fitted. Bright white LED side lights...

And car booked to go back in and have a wave of updates fitted... Finally!!! Taken ages for the parts to arrive!

• Like 1

Fitted my Rally Flapz :-D

Very nice. ;)

Stephen, I've spoken to Ian from Performance Creations previously about mudflaps for the new Mk7.5. Are these the new ones made specifically for the Mk7.5 or are they a set of Mk7 mudflaps modified?

Want to get my Kaylan mudflaps on as soon as I get my Mk7.5. :)

• Like 1

These have the newer bracket for the rear at the minute but still required a bit of modification to make them fit. I'm in contact with Ian at the minute so will feed back to him.

• Like 1

got an answer for a remap here in france and they do it fo r600€

145bhp and 240nm coming from the stadard car 1.0 125bhp

• Like 1

got an answer for a remap here in france and they do it fo r600€

145bhp and 240nm coming from the stadard car 1.0 125bhp

Sweet gains, but twice the price of the going rate over here.

yeah its pricey of here. But i have only asked this one place. Im quite happy with moving from 68 to 125 =) dont think ill chuck that much money into 20 HP. I d prefer to setup another aquarium for that price XD

• Like 2

yeah its pricey of here. But i have only asked this one place. Im quite happy with moving from 68 to 125 =) dont think ill chuck that much money into 20 HP. I d prefer to setup another aquarium for that price XD

Agreed - I can't beleve im saying this but there are more important things than modifing your car - + whem money is tight you have to think about MOTs/ servicing etc etc before enhancements.

• Like 1

Found out how the ST fared against a Clio 172!

Not meant to be a bragging remark as my mate had one of these 172/182's and memories of this was what made me downsize to the Fiesta!

It was mainly uphill so the turbo'd torque is no surprise here, but i was expecting it to be a closer match!

between 3rd + 4th gear and this was with changing up at 5,500rpm without needing to wring it to death too.

chuffed B)

Went and got it from the dealers! Had it less than a day and already ordered some TH Wind deflectors and new white headlight bulbs (Philips Diamond Visions for dipped and OSRAM cool blue intentse for main beam).. Next ill be ordering a Zs Front and rear spoilers! My cars Squeeze green though so gotta budget for getting them sprayed aswell..

Overall though over the moon with the car (:

Killed a full set of tyres. So much so they were illegal for the ride home -.-

Killed a full set of tyres. So much so they were illegal for the ride home -.-

My hero! :lol: - how did you manage to kill the rears though?

My hero! :lol: - how did you manage to kill the rears though?

By thinking I should switch them to the front and do more looning about :P

• Like 1

By thinking I should switch them to the front and do more looning about :P

You could get a spare set of wheels/ tyres for these ocassions (specially for "killing")

Hope you got videos :lol:

Where should I stick my fez badge?

Front grille or on engine cover?

post-41938-0-87484300-1376583923_thumb.j

post-41938-0-81222000-1376583982_thumb.j

post-41938-0-04286100-1376584091_thumb.j

post-41938-0-94937400-1376584151_thumb.j

Bought some presents for Fifi the 2nd :)

Recently traded my old White ZS in for a used Black Metal, but the previous owner didn't treat her properly & the paintwork is covered in swirls :(

Just need to book some time off work now to take the plunge into the world of machine polishing. Wish me luck!

DAS-6Progoodies.jpg

You could get a spare set of wheels/ tyres for these ocassions (specially for "killing")

Hope you got videos :lol:

I'm buying a set of more race-orientated tyres, RAC bailed me out this time :P did get a few videos, but unfortunately the phone strapped to the outside of the car fell off and got run over before being recovered, and I now can't get the case off lol.