Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

What does blanking the egr actually do?

Blanks the EGR valve off, Basically the egr valve takes some exhaust fumes and uses it to heat fuel/air mix in inlet, supposed to get cleaner burn for emissions, in reality it put carbon deposits into your intake which in-turn starts coking everything up, it contaminates your oil quicker and causes increased engine wear. the blank stops the exhaust gasses so only clean air is taken into the manifold.

Because of the dirty job the valve does it is not uncommon for them to stick and fail, letting more gas through than it should, this then can have a dramatic effect on power and fuel economy.

I'd just like to add that petrol don't have an EGR, not sure if you knew that Andy mate but your safe enough from day 1

Your motor doesn't have an EGR to blank off

Oh I actually didn't know that.. I thought all cars had them now days to reduce enisions.

Ive never actually had a good look at my engine.. Think I've opened the bonnet twice to change the headlight bulbs as to top up the screen wash.

I do vehicle electrics by trade and it's only a 1.25 so I have very little interest in the engine tbh..

• Like 2

The stereo is blue as standard on the facelift however the zs doesn't have ambient lighting which is odd.

My ZS does... Cupholder.... on the Doors and the dash! :P

• Like 1

Yes the small pods under the door handle moldings, and the ambient bar along the glovebox.... :P :D :P

I've added it along the glovebox, but didn't know any spec fiesta came with it in the door handle mouldings let alone the ZS.

I'd just like to add that petrol don't have an EGR, not sure if you knew that Andy mate but your safe enough from day 1

Your motor doesn't have an EGR to blank off

Not exactly true Lenny, I don't know if Andy's car has one as I havnt worked on fords for many a year, but petrol engines have them too, BUT they don't seem to be as troublesome on the petrol engines and blanking them does not give the benefits a turbo diesel gets but would give you better fuel economy if it was totally nackered and then blanked.

Well today I fitted my new wind deflectors direct from fords and fitted LED Bulbs in the number plates the side lights and the foot wells. Also gave it the first clean :) the only thing I cant put the windows up :( I tried to refit them but fo no joy every time the windows vo up they shoot straight down; ( any Ideas? Thanks.

Mine did that when I fitted my wind deflectors, mine were team heko.

I pushed the window up with my hands while my mate pressed the button and once it was all the way up left it over night. Next morning everything was hanky dory :)

Sounds like the safety sensors are detecting the extra drag of the deflectors.

Try WD40 or Vaseline to ease the friction until the deflectors bed in.

Yeah you just have to either hold the button up or just as it comes down press the button to make the window go back up the window should push the deflector into a comfortable position this happened with my left window hope this helps

Haha Stoney I noticed the 'safety feature' and figured it was to stop you trapping fingers or somet. So I decided to test it ad put the tip of my lil finger in and push the window up.

Don't to that guys. It still hurts. Quite abit tbh haha especially on your finger nail..

Yeah I tried it but I put my arm in and chickened out it squashed my arm I didn't think it was going to stop ha :) well at least I know I'm nt the only guy to have tried this

Swapped my Fez for an Audi A3 which I've wanted for a long time :P shame it has to go back next week -.-

Great stuff kpg! I was thinking of getting the exact same bits done on mine. How much did it cost you roughly?

Great stuff kpg! I was thinking of getting the exact same bits done on mine. How much did it cost you roughly?

Well I just used Halfrauds spray cans. Grey primer, gloss black and clear coat. I think they're around £6/£7 each so not that much compared to dropping them off somewhere to be done professionally.

I;ve no problem doing the interior plastics myself, not perfect but I'm happy with the results, but I'm dropping my exterior plastics off to be done professionally because other people will see them lol

Swapped my Fez for an Audi A3 which I've wanted for a long time :P shame it has to go back next week -.-

50 lashes to that man for such....... Shameful talk!!!!

Car has been returned to me from the dealers with fully upgraded Sony Speakers all round, 4 front and 4 rear, with the Sony Sat Nav of course. An it sounds...AMAZING!!!!!!

Looks very nice too...! :wub:

Jees im like a lil boy with a new toy....all over again, again!!

50 lashes to that man for such....... Shameful talk!!!!

Needed a bigger car for the weekend, chap at Audi said he'd lend me an estate car, gave me the S3 Sportback demonstrater with every option, what's wrong with that? :P

Started spraying my interior plastics :)

2013-08-19+16.56.55.jpg

Looks like mine

Needed a bigger car for the weekend, chap at Audi said he'd lend me an estate car, gave me the S3 Sportback demonstrater with every option, what's wrong with that? :P

I can't talk, when the Fiesta was at the dealers, the director gave me a brand new 184BP Focus, fully loaded... :D :P

I can't talk, when the Fiesta was at the dealers, the director gave me a brand new 184BP Focus, fully loaded... :D :P

:P I was expecting an A4 allroad like I've had in the past, he was like, 'Oh I don't have one of those, but this came in this morning.' :P

ANY INTEREST?

Just posted in the for sale thread:

2013 Zetec S Steering wheel with the blue audio controls.

2013 Zetec S Black gloss Stereo fascia front panel and the buttons.

2013 Zetec S Speakers, 4 front - 1x woofer 1x tweeter and 2 rear... All new and immaculate!!! (The tweeters are the more expensive or the 2 available)

They are new from the mk 7.5, i have no idea what to ask for them, have stated a price i am happy with and looking at other same/similar items here and on fleebay. Go have a look, pm me any interest or Q's....

Thanks people...

:P I was expecting an A4 allroad like I've had in the past, he was like, 'Oh I don't have one of those, but this came in this morning.' :P

Yes i was expecting another Focus TDCi or Fiesta and probably a 1.25, hoped for a 1.0 eco 125bp. But he handed the keys over and said, tell me what you think later. I thought.... What's he up to?