Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Have You Done With Your Car Today?

bigmunkynutz

Hello

Two additions today, 'S' aluminium kickplates and new reg plates.

Both looking good :)

Gary

There were good and bad additions to my fiesta today.

Good - Finally fitted my Nightbreakers

Bad - Buckled my drivers side rear alloy slightly by driving over a fence post that was in the middle of the road. I'm gutted.

Of my buckled alloy?

No i haven't, you wouldn't be able to tell just looking at it but i popped into my local garage and we got it up the ramp. When you spin the wheel you can see its buckled slightly but its not anything to worry about performance wise, its just going to bug me knowing that it's happened.

If you can see its buckled I'd change it. Because even if it doesn't cause vibration It's possible there's cracks invisible to the naked eye that could cause it to deteriorate, & then fail catastrophically when your utilising the 'performance'.

O ye ill be changing it, £111.59 from ford for a new one. It'll take a week to be delivered so ill just have to take it easy until i get it changed.

Update:

I've met the lads at MFK Auto Care this morning for DPF internal removal,

And I must say the guys done a very professional job the proof that dpf has been internally removed; can only be seen by the increase in smooth performance and increased MPG, fantastic job done and gives me great future peace of mind.

The guys took great care to ensure the chamber was weld back on along the original seal and all appears like it has never been touched, just like I had requested,

The results afterwards on the journey home were better than I imagined,

No smoke at all from the rear, not even when you floor it in 5th on the motorway, :)

There's a performance increase too,

If I was to describe the increase in performance it would be 3 times the increase in power felt from EGR blanking,

The engine ticks over at lower noise now

And the rev up is much smoother, increased air flow helps reduce turbo lag to almost extinct,

As result gear change is smoother too,

Its all positive, no more dpf no EML lights or fear of one appearing in the future neither.

And the guys were dead sound, didn't mind me watching and asking questions,

I highly recommend MFK Auto Care well worth making the journey and top class work very happy.

http://www.mfkautocare.com/

They also had a look at the ecu map I had previously put on the car and tweaked it a bit resulting in boost coming on smoother,

The car now drives much better and has increased power in 5th which is great for overtaking.

Well worth every cent

• Like 1

This weather is rubbish can't do anything, hoping there might be some break in the weather over the weekend so I can refix the side skirt back on and its end cap. Got DMB gel overlays and my alloys to refurb also at some point.

• Like 1

I took my Z4 for its first service even though its gonna be traded in for my new ZS in a couple of weeks. Thankfully it didn't cost me anything except a morning off work. One thing I will miss about BMW is the level of customer service... I was booked in for a "while you wait" service and from giving the dealer the keys to getting back into my fully serviced and valleted car only took 70min. Never experienced such quick and efficient service with any previous brand.

Looking forward to my Fiesta's arrival at the end of the month though. :-)

• Like 1

I took my Z4 for its first service even though its gonna be traded in for my new ZS in a couple of weeks. Thankfully it didn't cost me anything except a morning off work. One thing I will miss about BMW is the level of customer service... I was booked in for a "while you wait" service and from giving the dealer the keys to getting back into my fully serviced and valleted car only took 70min. Never experienced such quick and efficient service with any previous brand.

Looking forward to my Fiesta's arrival at the end of the month though. :-)

Yep, fantastic service every time my parents have been, they were only expecting a quick service but like you had the car fully valeted too!

Today, I have made the first 'mod' to my car, excluding the red footwell lighting I put in a couple of days after I got the car. (Changed the bulbs to red LEDs).

Before:

post-33932-0-40848400-1379172200_thumb.j

After:

post-33932-0-60718000-1379172309_thumb.j

So, I applied my dmb gel overlays, in a nice white/chrome combination. I have had these sitting in the house now for nearly a week, but have not had the chance to do anything with them, as for some reason, there was no such thing as a hair dryer in my house, how strange. Tesco however sorted me out with a nice heat adjustable multi speed hair dryer with a nice nozzle for only £8.

Next to post it says more reply options click that then it should go to another screen and your can add photo then click apply I think ?

Wax him and Changed exhaust yesterday,

Fitted new plates.

As usual the pics arent displaying correctly :angry:

post-45052-0-07147900-1379249035_thumb.j

post-45052-0-83588400-1379249067_thumb.j

post-45052-0-43159000-1379249091_thumb.j

Nice did you use the link I posted for the plates there so much better than pressed and the exhaust looks good any chance of a sound clip?

Pumped tyres and added more screenwash in the pouring rain. I was soaked by the time I had finished!

Driving to Scotland tomorrrow and staying on an estate called Ellary, near Lochgilphead, Argyll :)

I work the fuel out by resetting and taking a note of the trip and mpg out at half a tank. I filled up twice and got 296 and 348 miles averaging at 60mpg to a tank of deisel.

• 2 weeks later...

The black trim on my Fiesta was looking a bit sad and grey from the harsh Australian sun, so I decided to try some Meguiar Gold Class Trim Detailer.

Worked a treat and my trim looks as new again! :P

• Like 1

The black trim on my Fiesta was looking a bit sad and grey from the harsh Australian sun, so I decided to try some Meguiar Gold Class Trim Detailer.

Worked a treat and my trim looks as new again! :P

I used the same stuff on my new Fiesta at the weekend :)

Back lower bumper bit. Did not really need it but added a coating anyway

Gary

I used the same stuff on my new Fiesta at the weekend :)

Back lower bumper bit. Did not really need it but added a coating anyway

Gary

Its always better to be proactive than reactive

I am surprised at how well it works though, definetly wasnt expecting it to be as good as it was

Have now heard from a Ford..... employee in the servicing department that they are seeing problems with bulbs continually blowing in the front headlights....!

My side lights keep going, and have had the main beam bulb blow... Apparently its the resistors!

strange, thats not occuring over here in france...